Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

o-ilke

InfinitusEquitas said:
I Most people can't really see above 700nm... yours is 808nm.

Sorry but that´s not true. You can´t see IR at all. Ok. Maybe I´m new to this forum but trust me. Human eye can´t see IR light. The light you see comming out of an IR laserdiode is tha small amount of visible light this diode is emitting. It´s because of some dirt atoms insight the cristal that emit some light in the visible area. I´m talking from experience.

You simply can check this yourself if you own a really death IR diode and a nightvision. The diode will still emit some visible red light but absolutely no IR. Or do the opposite. Take a LPC 815 and check with your IR filtered military nightvision the amount of IR. You will see even a red 650nm lasediode produces a little bit of infrared.

Ok. This is not an absolute prove because some death IR laserdiodes still produce some IR light. They just wend LED. But some will have no IR at all while still emiting some visible red. It´s due to the nature you can´t produce an absolutely clean cristal that just emits in one single wavelenght.

Also. An IR laserdiode that wend LED will still produce the same amount of visible light like before it wend LED. So if you could see IR light you should see a difference, but you wont see a difference. Only with a high quality IR filtered nightvision you will notice the the difference. Or of course with an LPM.

And what´s about o-like. I also ordered a few items from them. Also tied to chat with Susie, but got just very short answers or no answers at all. Lets´s see how long it will take to arrive and how good the items are. I will review them here as soon as i get them.

Ok let's go step by step shall we?

1. Minor detail - You misquoted me - in a sloppy manner and doesn't change much, but it's annoying. So that's strike 1.

2. If you look at my quote I don't say that IR is visible do I? what I did say was:

InfinitusEquitas said:
Most people can't really see above 700nm... yours is 808nm.

So if you actually pay attention, and read what is written instead of what you believe is written, you will see I'm referencing specific wavelengths.

Sorry but that´s not true. You can´t see IR at all.

You make a bold statement and immediately disqualify yourself. Did I say anyone can see IR? Where did I say that!?!?!

Sam's Laser FAQ - Items of Interest

People can see roughly between 390nm and 750nm. Which is near IR. Strike 2.

3. You went completely OT without actually adding any useful to the conversation. Strike 3.

Three strikes - you get a neg rep.

Edit: You neg repped me on the wrong post. Pretty sure there are no scientific articles about o-like location;)

Last edited:

honeyx

Ok, you didn´t say one can see IR. So i apologise for that. But whats about the rest?

3. You went completely OT without actually adding any useful to the conversation. Strike 3.

Three strikes - you get a neg rep.

Really? Read the headline of this topic. It´s O-Like. But not I´m pissed off about honeyx.

You also should read my post more clearly. I also wrote something about o-like. Also. Before you start to be pissed off, maybe you also explain why a human eye can´t see above 750nm rather than giving vague answers like most people. That suggests that some people can see IR above 750nm, wich isn´t true. That was the reason why i said that´s not true and tried to explain what you really see. So if you are pointing where I made my mistakes, first look at yours before giving a bad reputation.

I also found a good explanation in an other threat.

http://laserpointerforums.com/f40/808nm-laser-visibility-25127.html

What this is is residual output that is in the visible part of the spectrum. Laser diodes are not as monochromatic (single-wavelength) as other types of lasers, and they emit across a slightly broader spectrum. The lower fringes of the 808nm diode's emission spectrum are within the visible part of the EM spectrum.. This is also the case with 780nm CD diodes.

Ok, you didn´t say one can see IR. So i apologise for that. But whats about the rest?

That was the main point of your initial post wasn't it?

Before you start to be pissed off, maybe you also explain why a human eye can´t see above 750nm rather than giving vague answers like most people. That suggests that some people can see IR above 750nm, wich isn´t true.

I'm not pissed off, mildly annoyed maybe;)

I also don't suggest anything, with my statement. If you're seeing a suggestion, than you're reading something else entirely.

All I want is for you to read what is actually written in the future instead of what of what you think is written.

honeyx

Yes that was my main point because I also was annoyed. I one sentence you say you can´t see and in the other one you say most people can´t see. Thats annoying too as it implyies some of us can. Ok maybe Clark Kent can but he is a fiction. The rest of us cannot. And the rest isn´t just the most. Its all human.

well i got my laser from 0-like today i placed the order on 5-25-2011 and it just came today,,but i ordered the 532nm 400mw torch and when i opened the shipping box there was two chargers and two boxes,,one was the 532nm torch and the other was a 405nm 400mw laser,,,but i only paid for the 532nm torch,,i sent in a email to o-like but have not heard back from them yet ,,i tested both lasers and both work great the 532nm peeked out at 484mw (not sure if thats all 532nm cause i dont have a ir filter)and the 405nm peeked out at 347nm and thats with the waterproof lens still in it

^^^If they start tossing in extra lasers I might just start ordering again:drool:

If they want to paypal you $35 for shipping back the 405nm, I guess that would be the decent thing to do, but otherwise they are kind out of out of luck.

Your 400mW 532nm laser is definitely overspec... I'm jealous:p

^^^If they start tossing in extra lasers I might just start ordering again:drool:

If they want to paypal you $35 for shipping back the 405nm, I guess that would be the decent thing to do, but otherwise they are kind out of out of luck.

Your 400mW 532nm laser is definitely overspec... I'm jealous:p

have you tested you 532nm from o-like with a ir filter

Yup I did. Not on a fresh battery though...

Anyway, got between 400-410mW with IR filter and ~460mW without.

I was actually pretty surprised too, but if you dig through the forum, a few people got specs that are almost the same. Overall I like the laser a lot just wish it didn't warm up quite so fast.

Still IR does vary in the same model of laser. I have two 200mW transformables from o-like, one has very little ir content, 5-10mW out of 200mW and the other has 40-45mW IR in only 190mW of total.

If you have a spare set of goggles you can test for IR using them.

Thank you very much for the info,,,i have a IR filter coming in the mail tomorrow after i run it threw the filter i'll post the test results I too am using the 2.5W USB LaserBee for the testing

ned

your very lucky to get 2 lasers from them, my brother has emailed o-like twice now within 2 days about the wrong laser that they sent me, they havent replyed back, i dont think that they care. im so angy at them for there f..k ups !!

Hentor

O-like worked great for me.
I orderd 2 lasers from them, 200mw new style red and 150mw green laser
They arrived in 14 days, and everything worked perfectly.
I think that they are good company, just give them time to reply you.

PS: I live in Serbia

Last edited:
I just recieved the 200mw Gatlin that I ordered from O-Like; 17 days from ordering to arrival to Abilene, Texas.

NO problems.