Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Nvidia 3D Vision?

Things

Hey, I got a new desktop computer (I built myself), and discovered the GPU has a 3D option. I happened to have a pair of the red and blue glasses laying around and tried it out. I was blown away.

Of course, you loose pretty much all the colour, and it gives you headaches after a while, but it's made me destined to get a pair of the real glasses.

Just wondering if anyone here has/used them, and what they think of them? $200 is a shitload of money for some glasses, and I'll also need a new monitor too, but after what I saw, I think it's totally worth it. Do they make everything 3D, like the desktop, or just games?

Cheers,
Dan

Just go to a 3D movie and keep the glasses they are a lot better than the old red and green ones.

Things

Yeah, but polarized glasses don't work for anything but the movies :(

Well that sucks! I had my polarized glasses and the 3D glasses at the movie theater and my polarized glasses didn't give me the 3D effect like the 3D glasses.

Trevor

Well that sucks! I had my polarized glasses and the 3D glasses at the movie theater and my polarized glasses didn't give me the 3D effect like the 3D glasses.

I believe one lens is polarized horizontally and one is polarized vertically to give the 3D effect. :)

-Trevor

Things

Thats right, and they use 2 projectors. One projects vertical light, the other horizontal.

The other way (Which nvidia uses), is the 2 lense pieces are actually LCD screens that can open and close. The monitor flicks between left and right images, and the glasses open and close the appropriate eye.

That's really gonna suck to pay $200 for a pair of 3D glasses! Do the glasses have batteries in them? I haven't checked any of these out, I usually wait for a few years until the prices come down a little bit.

Things

The $200 is for the nvidia ones specifically, the ones for 3D TV's are substantially cheaper.