Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

NUBM46-71 Diodes

I think I have bought some of those before, IINM they are a lot like the nubm42 and nubm49 which are weaker than a nubm08 and have worse divergence. So far the strongest Gball I have tested is the NUBM0A .....however if we ever find a super strong Gball or one with crazy good divergence ( naked ) or a longer than usual wavelength I will ask opticsLD to re-can some.

Here's techhood with 46 for sale, they say 5W but who knows.

Last edited:
I think I have bought some of those before, IINM they are a lot like the nubm42 and nubm49 which are weaker than a nubm08 and have worse divergence. So far the strongest Gball I have tested is the NUBM0A .....however if we ever find a super strong Gball or one with crazy good divergence ( naked ) or a longer than usual wavelength I will ask opticsLD to re-can some.

Here's techhood with 46 for sale, they say 5W but who knows.
I asked OpticsLD a while back to sell me just the diode caps but they wouldn't. Might be worth trying again. I have quite a few NUBM08 and NUBM06 diodes right now.

All the arrays, even the nubm38 are too strong for the classroom/economy size projectors 3000-4000lm and we know the OEM's are obsessed with efficency, so there is either a smaller array for the 4000lm projectors or there may be a new 9mm diode because the individual chips in the nubm34 are 5.75w each at normal operating current while the 44/08 are 4.75w at normal operating current and the divergence looks at 1st glance to be no worse, I would think the new 4000lm base that replaced the 3000lm base may have 7 or 8 of the 5.75w chips.....possibly in 9mm round LD's........have you harvested any of the new line 4000lm units ? I'm a cheapskate and have only harvested the old stuff and v2's I can get at a bargain, also I expected they may be GBalls.

A couple more new part numbers:

I bet you can source some window caps to replace the Gball caps, you will also need the indium foil rings and a glovebox to accomplish the backfill.
I bet you could contact a company like this or this maybe this and find what you need or get info on where to find it, I had a source for those window cans long ago but can't find it ATM.

You also may want to check out "lasertree" or "laserstree" on ebay.. they're the ones selling the FAC'd and windowed NUBM and NUGM diodes, they seemed pretty happy to help the community so they may be willing to cap diodes with a window at a reasonable price. They claim to use proper backfill and also claim to have tested their capped/windowed diodes at 1000's of hours.

loreadarkshade

Sony VPL-FHZ55 had 56pcs NDB7875, and from then on,

VPL-FHZ57
VPL-FHZ58
VPL-FHZ60
VPL-FHZ61
VPL-FHZ65

have a combination of 3-4 blocks of either:

NUBM46-71 (7 diodes in block)
or
NUBM46-81 (8 diodes in block)

All depending on the lumens of the unit