Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Nubm44 focusing lens

Hello guys, i both nubm44 and tooth it will be gait for my home made laser engraver, but it seams the diode is not focusing. I try to use some kind g2 the focus was around 2mm maybe less, then some cheep axis lens it was bit better, then 3 component now its less then 1mm but it is not round its like line. what lens they use at CLH - 5000 engraving laser head - Opt Lasers ?

Before i used OSRAM PLTB450B 450nm it was easy to focus and around 0,1mm
but the power is only 1.6w.

359zbb7.jpg

thanks

O sorry in picture You cant see how bad it is, i will add with the osram diode burning tests
288o3ue.jpg

Is the diode in a module? Are you moving the g2 closer and further away? If you want 2mm that's an easy thing to do, however the divergence of the 44 probably to be closer to the wood to get that small of a point. Just my thoughts.

Yes its in the module and in the cooper spiral for water cooling. Yes tried to move it closer but it got burned, you will see in the picture. No it was with g2 lens around 2mm maybe less, but i want it to be 0.1 or maybe 0.2 and round beam because now its like line.
2praepw.jpg
in the middle is the g2 damaged, right is the 3 component Three Layer Focusing Lens for 405nm Laser Diode Coated Glass Lens M9/P0.5 Frame | eBay and left random red laser lens.

diachi

Yes its in the module and in the cooper spiral for water cooling. Yes tried to move it closer but it got burned, you will see in the picture. No it was with g2 lens around 2mm maybe less, but i want it to be 0.1 or maybe 0.2 and round beam because now its like line.
in the middle is the g2 damaged, right is the 3 component Three Layer Focusing Lens for 405nm Laser Diode Coated Glass Lens M9/P0.5 Frame | eBay and left random red laser lens.

The only way to get a round beam from that diode is to fiber couple it.

You can get a sort of square beam by using corrective optics - cylinder lens pairs or anamorphic prisms.

Not sure what the smallest achievable beam diameter is without correction, some other members here will know.

The only way to get a round beam from that diode is to fiber couple it.

You can get a sort of square beam by using corrective optics - cylinder lens pairs or anamorphic prisms.

Not sure what the smallest achievable beam diameter is without correction, some other members here will know.

Ok you right it doesn't need to be round beam it can be square, but tight as possible.

so i need the laser diode < anamorphic prisms = and focusable lens like 3 component or g2 > (the <,=,> is the beam shape) or first i need the beam to be strait as possible to use anamorphic prisms?

I have messed around with the lenses I have. Adding another lense assembly in front of the focusing lens causes the beam to converge within an inch of the last lens. Podo sent me an extra lens for replacing the big lens of the 3x BE I had an issue with. Placing this in the path of the beam causes it to also converge within an inch or two. I haven't tried burning anything with this but maybe an idea to try.
attachment.php

Last edited:
That beam looks amazing but do you use nubm44?
and also how did you make pictures so clear shoving the laser beam?
my beam looks like that
op2vd4.jpg

its 1cm wide and the laser diode is 2 m away with 3 component lens

and my try to capture the laser beam
24e7ubn.jpg

That beam looks amazing but do you use nubm44?
and also how did you make pictures so clear shoving the laser beam?
my beam looks like that
op2vd4.jpg

its 1cm wide and the laser diode is 2 m away with 3 component lens

and my try to capture the laser beam
24e7ubn.jpg

That pic was a A type M140 with a G7. Ecig vapor to bring the beam out. It shouldn't be noticeably different with the nub44. I can try it when I get home.