Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

nubm37 laser gun made

dood

I'm a somewhat new hobbyist and not very experienced with electronics in general。I want to make a laser cannon using nubm37 and add a beam expander so that it can burn items like tape within 4 meters. Can someone tell me if this idea is possible and what is needed to make it happen. (I used Google Translate, the grammar may not be accurate) If you have a solution that can be implemented I can pay for it.

One Nub37 diode or the whole array?
If your limited in electronics then your in trouble trying to drive and power and focus a array.
You will probably kill the array or start a fire or worse kill your eyesight.

One diode and a good host its possible but still might end in failure and be a learning lesson.
May I ask how old you are? and did you see one in a video?
I'm not sure anyone would even build one for you seeing you have 1 post and no one knows you. Just being honest.

I know your concerns, I'm 23 years old and have basic electronics knowledge, this is my first time using a laser because I want to use it for my course design, I know it needs some drivers to work, but I The goal is for him to burn tapes at a range of three to four meters, I saw some posts on the forum about this device, but I don't know about its feasibility because his cost is a bit high for me. (Rest assured, I am aware of the dangers of lasers and have purchased laser goggles) Thank you for your concern
一个 Nub37 二极管还是整个阵列?
如果您的电子设备有限,那么您在尝试驱动、供电和聚焦阵列时就会遇到麻烦。
您可能会破坏阵列或引起火灾,甚至更糟的是损害您的视力。

一个二极管和一个好的主机是可能的,但仍然可能以失败告终,并成为一个教训。
请问您多大了?您在视频中看到过吗?
我不确定是否有人会为你建立一个,因为你只有 1 个帖子,但没有人认识你。实话实说。
wx_camera_1715745147780.jpgIMG_20241013_152627.jpg

You thew me off when you mentioned that your not very experienced with electronics.
If that equipment is yours or you can use them maby its a big plus, i'm not experienced with these bench supply's and other gizmo's like oscilloscopes etc. In fact I can't even solder to well because I have shaky hands.

You can get a single NUB47 8W diode that will burn tapes or alot more at 3 or 4 meters with a regular G2 or G8 lens.
A Beam expander add on will triple the burning distance "I think" with that 1 diode. So so much easier to drive the diode and only use two "18650" cells as a example.
dood, starting small I think is best and you can always go bigger.

Last edited:
I strongly second what @GSS said. A single NUBM47 will easily meet your criteria and is much more affordable. Many more resources for the NUBM47 as far as parts and tutorials too.

You can buy a ready built nubm47 laser relatively inexpensively and reverse engineer it to learn.

There are also sellers like @DTR that sell all the parts you would need to DIY.

I strongly second what @GSS said. A single NUBM47 will easily meet your criteria and is much more affordable. Many more resources for the NUBM47 as far as parts and tutorials too.

You can buy a ready built nubm47 laser relatively inexpensively and reverse engineer it to learn.

There are also sellers like @DTR that sell all the parts you would need to DIY.

Don't you have a feeling this is where he got the idea.. :whistle:

You thew me off when you mentioned that your not very experienced with electronics.
If that equipment is yours or you can use them maby its a big plus, i'm not experienced with these bench supply's and other gizmo's like oscilloscopes etc. In fact I can't even solder to well because I have shaky hands.

You can get a single NUB47 8W diode that will burn tapes or alot more at 3 or 4 meters with a regular G2 or G8 lens.
A Beam expander add on will triple the burning distance "I think" with that 1 diode. So so much easier to drive the diode and only use two "18650" cells as a example.
dood, starting small I think is best and you can always go bigger.
I bought those equipment from the second-hand market when I was 19 years old, and the function signal generator and its broken, I only used them for welding and repairing electronic equipment in these 4 years. I'm sorry to hear that you said that you could not weld well because your hands were shaking, because this thing is really interesting. My purpose of choosing numb37/31 is really because of that video. I also like guns very much, so I want to choose him for my course design because I don't want him to look too small (more grandiose objects can get higher marks LOL), but Numb37/31's brother has few videos and tutorials on Chinese forums, and someone else tells me that it's impossible. I found out about this forum after watching a YouTube video, and I was happy to find so many people with the same ideas as me. And people like you who answer for me. (Translation software may create some ambiguity, as I found this after translating your answer and reading the original)

Reactions: GSS

Back