Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Nubm0at

I won a NUBM0AT at auction and tested it with it's GBall intact, I expected it would be a NUBM08 as the new designation is a mimic NUBM0AT as in Ohh Ate Tee.......anyway it comes on the new thin backing plate and at 4.5a is doing 6790mw, it looks like 450-455nm

So these are putting out NUBM44 power in a brighter blue 450-455nm, too bad about the GBall but a backwards then forward G2 would let it run GBall intact and could be corrected via cylindrical pair then focused to a tight useful spot.

I have not pulled the can yet to check the natural divergence, but I expect future diodes will get even stronger and will likely be in this format, the spot out of the GBall makes a 25mm x 6mm bar at 2 meters, there may be some that focus better depending on the natural divergence, it's a strong burner on the desktop.

Attachments

• SANY3175.JPG
    SANY3175.JPG
    190.4 KB · Views: 19
  • SANY3179.JPG
    SANY3179.JPG
    181.1 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

That is great to see. Just wish we could get them without the ball lens. I don't mean with the lens removed, but in a TO-5 package with a regular window. Thanks for the information. I wonder what the wavelength is as you said it is higher than 445nm.

Sorry for necrohumping this old :devilish: of a thread but not much thread activity on 0AT
Do you have an active video link as the YT-demorun above seems gone with the wind?
I reckon it's these 4.7w Nichia 0A / OAT there are in many of these China CNC PWM/TTL labby's from China this year, that often is spec with a 20W listing and 5.5w optical power from China-Labby-vendors like NEJE. (in stock configuration / labby with inbuild labby-driver it was more like 4w it peeked at even though listed as 5.5w but meh' more or less China in nutshell).

Going direct to the LD I'm peeking at 6440mW but need to go way higher than the mention 4.5A and instead up around 4.95A on the current clamp meter close to the LD as there is a slight drop from the KOrad linear PSU that is topping at its limit 5,.1amp.. though the voltage is around 4.65v on the PSU but more around 4.47v at the diode where I got an OWON DMM monitoring.
but how truthfully the 6440mW are, I don't know as it is cheapo LPMs sub40uSD from a few years back, but on the reference lasers I got, (though all under 3w) they are surprisingly accurate for the price, at least in blue wavelength.

IF the above video (gone) is a run with a 0AT with info on both voltage and ampere and optical-wattage like often the case with fx DTR test-runs. please update the post with a working link. (thx in reverse)

Last edited:
Hi Red,
I am not new to the OA's I like the doiode even its a ball. And yes they can do 68+ no problems. I have some out of the bank. and still have a full bank not harvested . So these diodes are a plus in my opinion.
As you stated decaned well the builds I did decanned are still going strong with no issues .
thanks for bringing up this diode here at LPF..
Rich:)