Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Nubm08e

Does anyone know where I can find a data sheet for the NUBM08E diode? And if not does anyone know anything about this diode? What is the absolute max for amps? What's the most power you can safely push out of this diode? How is the divergence? Any information would be much appreciated. Thanks guys.

^ This basically.
There's a couple of threads about these. But right now it looks like they're just not readily available yet. And some companies they claim to have them are price gouging the hell out of them to see what they can potentially get people to pay for them. Hopefully this will change soon, and we can finally test these things out!

Last edited:
It was originally shown by Techhood as a Gball block, but that may or may not have been an actual 08e block, the 2nd image was a fiber coupled block, so I am going to assume that the divergence is better than the nubm44, at least as good as the nubm06 and the nubm44 makes a spot/line 33% wider/worse than the nubm06. If you don't have a nubm06 DTR sells them, the better divergence is noticeable.

If they are fiber coupled the divergence could be very good or a FAC lens may be on the emitter inside the can....they are very interesting and likely inside the expensive projectors, in time the fiber bundled power layout will trickle down to the economy projectors, in time we will have 1 big diode in each projector or possibly 4 diodes each dedicated to pump phosphor for RGBY.

If the 08e has a FAC and a can lens then just what it will take to be useful to us could be a new lens, we don't know yet, of if a new lens with the can on could be useful, we don't have one in hand. This is what the block is supposed to look like.
52238d1466782914-nubm08e-s-l1600crs2.jpg

Here is a NUBM06 with the factory Gball lens, DTR sells these and I like them.

DTR's power test videos are here : DTR

Here's a NUBM06 video I made.

Or you can get them from DTR with the can removed and a G2 or 3 element installed, they are better burners at 5 feet than the NUBM44 because of the better divergence even though they are a 6 watt rather than a 7 watt max diode.

A nubm06 or nubm44 with a SANWU G7 and 3X expander will set your curtains on fire across the room so be careful.

Sanwu also offers the ndb7A75 in a ready to use package and it's a 5 watt diode with divergence like the nubm06.

Now as the NUBM06 block is rated as 32 watts and the NUBM08e block is rated as 36 watts then all we really know is that it's rated 12.5 % higher. So if you don't have a NUBM06 then I suggest getting one, I have enjoyed that diode a lot.

Attachments

• s-l1600crs2.jpg
    s-l1600crs2.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 212
Last edited: