Is there any way to tell the difference of a Nova and CNI laser by visual inspection? I have a Techlaser 95mw and it looks just like yours in the picture. Is the Nova x105 better than the Techlasers Infiniti 95mw? How long have you had this laser? How much was it used? I'll give ya $110 +shipping right now....
does the aperature cap just unscrew? its not glued or anything? If thats the case, then I would definately just unscrew the cap and post a serial number if you need the money that bad. I'm interested in the laser
ok, found out today that the serial was hand written in red... this was worn off when i cleaned the lense housing in an ultrasonic cleaner with alcohol... it does have red specks left but no numbers.... I have contacted the guy i got it from, he purchased it in september, so the laser is pretty new, and very little use
larry, i have trust on many other forums as i stated, if it isnt enough trust for you laser lovers, go touch your laser and get your joy... trust is trust, shouldnt matter what your selling... and mostly i have sold/traded paitnball guns, worth alot more than most your lasers
These lasers are more 'fragile' than a paintball gun though right?
Why did the guy sell the laser to you if he just bought it in September. Just wanting to know the history of it. I'm pretty new to these lasers, but is "cleaning the lens housing in and ultrasonic cleaner with alcohol" a normal/safe thing to do? Again, I don't know much about these yet so sorry if thats a silly question.
IMO.....I would stay away from this deal unless a middleman is used. Nova, to my knowledge has never used red lettering for the serial number. In addition flat out refusal to use a middleman raises a red flag. Also, in the picture the beam should be visible..mine is on my webcam...lol. The dot in that picture should be much brighter as well. Something is amiss..
Gazoo... the beam wouldn't show up if flash is used... like he did :
Anyway... Josh... for the protection of the members on the forum, and due to many scammers having had their way here before... send the laser to a mod... that would be myself or SenKat... or this laser is not up for sale... simple as that.
- @Beaver, they're all the same. Nova X series, CNI black/gold, DL viper... all the same laser, each company just calls it something else they think sounds cool. Most are just resellers.
- @Gazoo. IMO, pictures are the absolute worst type of power meter. A little fog, a little dust in the air, a longer exposure, etc. I swear I can make a 1mW red look brighter than an RPL 300mW green in pictures with minimal tweaking.
- @LarryQ. I dunno about the alcohol dissolving the glue. I've heard of that, but never had a problem myself. Generally, unless the alcohol can hurt a coating, alcohol is highly recommended for cleaning lenses. I personally use either 91% or 99% isopropyl, or 95% ethanol (everclear 190) for lens cleaning.
- Also @LarryQ. Thanks for trying to watch out for us with the serial number test. Unfortunately I've seen CNI use both red and black sharpie for their serial numbers though, so there's nothing wrong with that yet.
- @Josh. I can tell time and $ are in issue, but if you're willing to cover an extra few dollars worth of shipping, you can send me the unit via 2-3 day priority mail. From there I can test the laser on my equipment and provide a power output graph for your customer. If nova said 113.4mW, its very likely the tests will affirm a number close to that, and you're more than likely getting >$150 for a confirmed >110mW CNI unit with case. Please let me know what you think.
Josh - Pseudo's offer is very sound ! I would like to know more about this cleaning you did though - did you immerse the entire laser, or simply the endcap in the ultrasonic ? I know you had contacted me regarding testing, but I have too much on my plate ATM to test a laser, BUT if that is the only way you will have it tested - then so be it, send it to me, and I will get it done for you, but Pseudo is just as capable (if not more so) of testing this laser ! Post your answers - and relax a tiny bit !!!!!!
wow, people need to stay out of things if they are also unaware of facts.... where would i even get the idea that they used sharpie if it is not true?.. anyway
Senkat, i just took the lense housing off from the pen body, and soaked it, then i let it dry out under a halogen light and fan.
as far as a middle man, i never FLAT out refused one, i said i didnt really have time to mess with one, but if it came down to it i would... I am still in contact with a buyer who is intersted, and may or may not use a middle man. Senkat, i really dont want to waste your time either, as i am 99.8% sure this is all legit laser...
Pseudo thanks for helpin me out here... i really hate when people think they know what they are talking about and dont... dont get me wrong i am in NO WAY an expert, but i do know i have not lied, nor edited any pictures... everything i have said is based on what i know from having this laser in my possesion.
I also sent you a PM last night about possibly testing the laser.
Two things wrong with the recent developments in this thread -
1. we do NOT attack forum members on here
2. the whole "Kiss my butt" comment was not needed, and I refer you back to comment number 1. that I made in this thread.
As far as the legitimacy of hte laser involved, they are all very real concerns that anyone wishing to buy this laser would ask - so do not be so defensive about it. A middle man is almost a requirement due to the amount of scams we have had on here, and other places in the past - and if that is not acceptable to the one offerring something for sale, then do not bother to begin with. YOU are the one selling the item - you can set the rules, and expect them to be followed, but you must realize it is a buyer's market - and if your rules are too restrictive, you may have a difficult time with selling an item. Everyone needs to relax, and get off your collective high horses, and either buy the laser, or don't buy it - but there will be no more arguing in this thread, period. I sincerely hope that I have been crystal clear ? If not - please feel free to contact me via PM, and NOT in this thread. We (the management of this forum) are striving to provide a drama free area for open laser discussion. The purpose of this sales area is to provide an open medium in which sales and trades can be completed.