Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Nova X-100 review

Lorgar

Ok so this is a review of my first non DX Laser.
I figured it was time I bought a real laser.
As most people have come to expect from Nova the shipping was fast.
Ordered on Dec 27 at night received Dec 31 3pm.

I was a little worried at first as the X-105 is no longer around I thought these would be all the leftovers specked at 100mw-104.9mw.
Boy was i wrong

As per normal with Nova mine is specked Peak 135.1mW Average 116.6mW.
So anybody worried that the Nova X-100 wouldn't be up to speck can relax.
Got the nice case too

My match lighting was a little difficult on my part as I couldn't see the dot on the match with the goggles on.
Only have white matches so had to sharpie them.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-Nusc8qsdo[/media]
Got the liquid fan diffraction grating but camera cant handle beam pictures

Rhith

Nice stats on that laser! Seems about the same as all of the X-105 readings too. :cool:

Gazoo

I think you lucked out on the peak rating... ;D But irregardless...it looks like the 100 and 105 are the same...nice laser :)

erm i read a post from novalasers on here recently regarding the new X-series and it was mentioned that they can no longer guarantee TEM0?
whats all that about? i was going to order an X-50 but i really need it TEM0?

Just to add more numbers to the X100, just got mine today and its rated 147mw peak and 120mw average, which is just insane. So either both of us are lucky or the X100 are the best bang for the $$$.

ive heard that it is really that good, this has been on my list for a while, hopefully i can get some money for it soon!!

AndrewAZ said:
Just to add more numbers to the X100, just got mine today and its rated 147mw peak and 120mw average, which is just insane. So either both of us are lucky or the X100 are the best bang for the $$$.

I just got mine yesterday. Its 133 Peak, and 122 avg. I'm more than happy with that!

jodoog

AndrewAZ said:

Thats the one I asked specifically for from NOVA but in the end didnt buy it. They had to look for a while to find something like that :)

That's amazing how well these lasers perform. :) I'm just curious about one thing, you mentioned you couldn't see the laser dot on the match with the safety glasses on. I just got an X75 and even though it is dim, I can still definitely see a dot on whatever surface I project the laser on while wearing safety glasses (also from nova). I thought usually you expect to see a bit of a dot even with the glasses on?

From the video it looks like he's outside and sunlight usually overpowers green lasers and makes them appear very faint, add to that the lowered visibility of goggles and it could become almost invisible.

Rswitz

has anyone had the x100 succesfully shipped to the united states? what about customs? the x100 is not fda approved.

Rswitz

are you in the united states? I want an x100 from novalasers but it is not FDA compliant. will it get through customs in the USA?