Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Nova Lasers - X100 + Sport Glases - [Pics + Vids]

Re: Nova Lasers - X100 + Sport Glases - [Pics + Vi

If you can't find an option to change exposure time look for different photo modes, mine has a huge list of things like: Landscape, Indoor, Backlight, Sunset etc.
If you find things like night or fireworks your on the right track, try them out and see what happens :)

randomlugia said:
And it's just a camera setting? I'll have to check out my camera options (which I never do). Thanks!

Yeah.. it's just a camera setting, but most lower end cameras do not have this function built in.
My gf is a pro-photographer and her camera is worth a shit load.. same with her lenses.

Just look for any options on your camera that say Exposure or shutter speed. If you dont then it's likily that your camera doesn't have it. =p

[Update]
Two New pictures added from my apartment rooftop
- Pointing straight into air displaying beam quality
- Pointing at the peak of the CN Tower to show distance (not the maximum viewable distance with this laser pen)
- Magnified picture to see the dot from the picture of the CN Tower one
- Peak and Average values added after testing unit with Laserbee LPM (Peak = 139mw - Average = 127) on full charged NiHi batteries

Ace82

Great review, nice multi media as well. I have the x-75, which is also a great unit and when you say they're worth every penny, indeed they are! Excellent music choice on the videos, nice alter ego persona, I knew I was going to give you a +1 rep 1/2 way down, until I read this:

AoiShikaku said:
ps.. if you like it.. feel free to + rep me.. I could use it esp. after all that time I put into the review ::) ::) ::)

Everybody knows it's a big no-no to ask for rep. :p Anyway, I just had to say something, although I'm +1 repping you anyway. :p

My only criticism is that you really shouldn't shine a high powered laser at your nice safety goggles, because it will burn them! That's what they're designed for, absorbing the 532nm light! I think you should submit the videos to Nova haha, but they're not quite like Wicked. ::) Very nice quality photos and videos, I'll give you that.

Congratulations on your buy! Nice review! +1 [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

that long exposure with your gf was amazing!

Ace82 said:
Great review, nice multi media as well.  I have the x-75, which is also a great unit and when you say they're worth every penny, indeed they are!  Excellent music choice on the videos, nice alter ego persona, I knew I was going to give you a +1 rep 1/2 way down, until I read this:

[quote author=AoiShikaku link=1224385318/0#0 date=1224385318]

ps.. if you like it.. feel free to + rep me.. I could use it esp. after all that time I put into the review  ::) ::) ::)

Everybody knows it's a big no-no to ask for rep.   :p Anyway, I just had to say something, although I'm +1 repping you anyway.  :p

My only criticism is that you really shouldn't shine a high powered laser at your nice safety goggles, because it will burn them!  That's what they're designed for, absorbing the 532nm light!  I think you should submit the videos to Nova haha, but they're not quite like Wicked.  ::)  Very nice quality photos and videos, I'll give you that.  

Congratulations on your buy!  Nice review! +1  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
[/quote]

Thanks a bunch.. I'm just surprised at how over powered of a unit they gave me.  It specs equivalent to the x125 which is almost $100 more =D.  As far as the glasses.. I had to run the test and is probably the last time I'll ever do something like that to them, but it does demonstrate real well on how safe your eyes are with them on.

That and almost a month into it and I still play with this thing so frequently it's such an awesome little toy at night =D

I also sent in my vids to Nova, but no reply yet... dunno what is up with them =p

robjdixon said:
that long exposure with your gf was amazing!

Thanks.. I owe a lot of it to my gf.. pro-photographer =D  She knows all the goodies about cameras, but she likes hearing nice things about her work.. she says thank you.

Justin

AoiShikaku: Man, we could start a half-asian laser subforum on here... I'm also half Japanese. Maxkillz is half-korean. Any other hapas out there?

If you happen to see another half-Japanese guy on the streets of Toronto blasting green lasers at the CN tower... come and say hi to me!

Justin said:
AoiShikaku: Man, we could start a half-asian laser subforum on here... I'm also half Japanese. Maxkillz is half-korean. Any other hapas out there?

If you happen to see another half-Japanese guy on the streets of Toronto blasting green lasers at the CN tower... come and say hi to me!
lol I should make the drive up to Toronto it's like 3 and a half hours from where I live :D I'm 12 minutes from the bridge to Canada and just over 3 hours from Toronto :D maybe one day we should all meet up and all point out lasers at the tower or something lol I have an alpha 105 that does over 130mW with good batteries

BTW Half-Asians are awesome ;D ;D ;D is there a discount for lasers if your half Asian ::)

Justin

Haha, only if you work for Laserglow. ;)

But really, if you're looking for anything send me an email! I can probably work out a great deal for you and we have some scratch and dent stuff that can be sold off pretty cheap. If you ever make it out to Toronto we can meet up and lase the tower. It's half a kilometer tall so it makes for a good measure of divergence. I'll stay at the bottom with a laser and you go up to the restaurant at the top and tell me how big the beam spot is.... HA!

Justin said:
Haha, only if you work for Laserglow. ;)

But really, if you're looking for anything send me an email! I can probably work out a great deal for you and we have some scratch and dent stuff that can be sold off pretty cheap. If you ever make it out to Toronto we can meet up and lase the tower. It's half a kilometer tall so it makes for a good measure of divergence. I'll stay at the bottom with a laser and you go up to the restaurant at the top and tell me how big the beam spot is.... HA!
lol dang, how much would a very ugly and dinged up but functional aries 225 be? ;D or any laser putting out roughly 200mW of green I don't care what it looks like. :D

ixfd64

I've seen you on Facebook, Justin. :lol:

By the way, would you mind if I added you?

Umm.. I'm full asian, just half Jap... but sure I guess.. LOL
I usually see ppl playing with lasers around Toronto from time to time, but a lot of them are clueless about what they hold in their hand.. they think it's the best thing ever because they are able to tag something from a long distance (cheap ebay laser)..

and if it happens to be a friend of a friend I end up pulling mine out and try to make a bet out of it to get a free drink.. saying my laser will beat his distance. He points it as far as he could possibly see it... I point mine directly straight up into the air and he sees the beam just shoot up into the sky in shock.. and I walk away with a free drink ;D

But the divergence test would be cool to see on a really good laser pointer. I don't think I would be able to compete since I have no intentions of buying me a baton style laser. BTW.. don't forget the restaurant rotates slowly at the very top of the CN Tower so be sure you call each other to say when if you do it.. otherwise you'd be getting some rich guy's eyes causing him to seizure in his $100 soup... LOL

Post Update
- I sent the unit back in for repairs as what I thought to be a scratch on it was excess epoxy that was removed by them. (removed from scratches cons, but added excess epoxy)

I'm happy with their customer service as they are willing to upgrade my unit to something more powerful for me =)
(at a cost of course)