Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Nova Lasers Optical Accessories !

S

SenKat

This is part two of the review of Nova Lasers excellent selection of optical accessories !
This review will focus on many items - first and foremost - the beam visualizer spray that they offer.  The Beam Visualizer Spray I am CERTAIN some of you have seen on CSI episodes, or spy movies - it is an alternative to lugging around a fog machine everywhere you go, and most definitely MUCH MORE healthy than puffing away on ciggarettes to make the beams stand out for our photos better (cough ! cough !)  So - without further ado - the Beam Visualizer Spray !

Attachments

• IMG_1928M.JPG
    IMG_1928M.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 155

S

SenKat

Here is the Beam Visualizer spray in action - catching the beam as it reflects off of Nova's Mirror stands - holding a FS (Front Surface) Mirror !

Attachments

• IMG_1930M.JPG
    IMG_1930M.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 280
it looks great,
do you think it's really worth it??? does the spray last long or fall to the ground quickly???

S

SenKat

Here is the "setup" :

Nova Lasers X-85
Nova Lasers FS Mirrors (one leaning on the stands - showing the protective blue tape that covers the mirrors)
Nova Lasers Beam Visualizer Spray Can

Attachments

• IMG_1924M.JPG
    IMG_1924M.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 194
S

SenKat

Now THIS setup right here is INCREDIBLE ! :eek:

The triagular shaped plexi-glass stands are multi function - they are called :
Deluxe Accessory and Optics Holders !

They assemble so : you screw the small screws into the bottom (3 of them) to make it stand up easily. It has a slot in it for a FS mirror, three holes in front of the mirror slot, designed to hold the aligator clips in place to hold matches, or any other material. There is a hole centered behind the mirror slot where oyu can insert the other holding accessory - by depressing on a part of it - it adjusts in size to gently clamp down on almost anything at hand !

Attachments

• IMG_1934M.JPG
    IMG_1934M.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 130
S

SenKat

This shot shows two mirror holders in action, reflecting the beam from the X-85 nicely !

Attachments

• IMG_1936M.JPG
    IMG_1936M.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 123
S

SenKat

Same shot as above, with a little more darkness added to the pic.....

Attachments

• IMG_1937M.JPG
    IMG_1937M.JPG
    18.8 KB · Views: 145
S

SenKat

Here is a shot with the upper clamp assembly in action - holding a box of matches for me :)

Attachments

• IMG_1939M.JPG
    IMG_1939M.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 114
S

SenKat

lazerlover said:
it looks great,
do you think it's really worth it??? does the spray last long or fall to the ground quickly???

Dang - you snuck this in right in the middle of me posting the review ! LOL Almost didn't see it !

The spray is more for an immediate shot of the beam - it would be good to help you setup a great beam shot, and for seeing where that errant beam is off to when you setup your mirrors....It does not last all that long - I will get LOTS of use out of it, as I take plenty of photos of lasers, and everyone wants to see the beams ! It may help me to cut back on my smoking as much when I film !

S

SenKat

Here is a close up of the aligator clip accessory

Attachments

• IMG_1943M.JPG
    IMG_1943M.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 193
S

SenKat

Last one - a closeup of the FS Mirror in a Accessory holder !

Attachments

• IMG_1944M.JPG
    IMG_1944M.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 174
I like thos three leg bases - Like a stool, they don't wobble when you don't have a lab table. Good looking stuff for the beginning optics experimenter.
Nice review - Good pix.

Mike

S

SenKat

Thanks ! Sorry to all - ESPECIALLY Nova Lasers for taking so long to get these pics out and on here

I do hope it shows them off decently, so everyone can get a good idea what they are, and how they are used.

S

SenKat

No - not unless you ordered two of the large clamps - I only had one, so was unable to test that part....