Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Not working! Need Help New LZCB - CYBER 650nm 200mw

LZCB - CYBER 650nm 200mW Red Laser Pointer
My laser finally arrived with goggles and flash paper and I couldn't wait to try it out, I put my 18650 in just like the green 100mw LZSKs I have and it didn't work, but when I flipped it, it does work with a very out of focus beam and no warmth or power.. I was so excited to use it when I saw it was LPMed at 270mw... I tried several things and made a video as well as photos to show you what the problem is.. It just looks defective and I will ask Max to send me a new one if this is the case... But I'm hoping that I won't because I really wanted to use it. I will post photos after I convert them from RAW to Jpeg as they are 30mb files D:
Edit: The diode looks very strange, I don't understand much about it but please look at the photos of it.

Last edited:

Trust me, that's not the problem, photos will be up in a min.

33wpj7c.jpg

20r9tav.jpg

1zovy44.jpg

2hwze5x.jpg

16287lh.jpg

wrgzea.jpg

2gse9md.jpg

208wehc.jpg

2wns8xz.jpg

2d6k6l5.jpg

well, first off the two insides will look nothing alike. The 650nm diode looks perfectly fine, the 532nm is a DPSS module thus it doesnt look like a diode.

EDIT: also from the only photo of the laser running, it looks fine to me. red lasers will not be as bright as the 532nm no matter what. a 100mW 532nm will seem 4x, if not more, brighter than a red laser. thats just how wavelengths work, green happens to be the most visible and brightest.

EDIT 2: its probably a diode similar to the mits LPC 836 seen below:

PA170357.jpg

Last edited:
It has a very wide circle and flickers on/off. 270mw and no heat comes from it, the beam is not visible..
Also only my high drain battery works with it (to some extent) and the regular one doesn't.
OH, I just noticed that it focuses midway when spinning it to make a sharp dot.. the 100mw LZSK is focused by spinning it to the end, but this laser still gives off no heat ;(

Last edited:
like i said, beam prob wont be visible. i have a 325mW 650nm laser and the beam is not visible next to my 532nm at night since its drowned out. by itself it is SUPER dim and you need to look hard for the beam unless its pitch black out. thats just the characteristics of the red wavelength.......

Wide dot is from poor focusing. my 650nm litterly has to be spot on with focusing or else its a large dot. not much you can do about that, sorry.

As far as flickering goes, that can be a sign of poor batteries, a over heating driver or a faulty driver. worst case your diode is about to eat shat.

Last edited:
I'll upload a video after it's done, it's 2.5GB so it's taking awhile.

burning tests dont tell how strong a laser is, it only tells how well you can focus one. interested to see the video though

It can light my flash paper on fire but the distance has to be close and it is much slower than my LZSK regardless of the fact that it is 170mw rated higher. I feel no heat on my hand with the red but with my green it immediately stings.

It also flickers and doesn't turn off when I press the tailcap several times as well...

Meanwhile, what do you think of this? The goggles don't seem to block out the red wavelength like the ones that came with my LZSK and block green.. They just seem like they're tinted, or is this normal?
206zwba.jpg

Last edited:
nope, thats not normal, thats typical cheap chinese laser "safety" glasses, well minus the safety part. id def get a replacement set of glasses or your money back. thats down right horrible!

Yeah they don't look like they do anything to protect my eyes, here's a photo comparison:
2qc09kz.jpg

x3d62w.jpg