Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Not Winning

I hate to need to listen to the Freakin' commercial and then
be advised the "The selected item is not currently available"....:yabbmad:

I like this though...
A Garland man was arrested Thursday night after he pointed a laser
at the wrong plane --

What would the right plane be....:thinking:

Jerry

Last edited:

ppctx

Arrest After Laser Pointed at FBI Plane | NBC Dallas-Fort Worth I'll just try to give the address

Commercials.. everybody wants to make a buck, and with Tivo/DVR's, this is the only way they will have opportunity to get me to watch a commercial.

The wright plane.. it was more about how wrong the wrong plane was. he was shining it at an FBI plane that's sole purpose of being there in the air that night was to locate who has been shining lasers at aircraft coming in to DFW international.

To bad the vid does not work but here is the writen artical

A Garland man was arrested Thursday night after he pointed a laser at the wrong plane -- an FBI aircraft that happened to be flying nearby, the FBI said.
The FBI pilot flew over Garland to investigate after other pilots complained about a bright light, said FBI Special Agent Mark White.
"He started directing law enforcement into where the laser was coming from," White said.
The first agent to arrive in the 1700 block of Park Circle saw the man with the laser still in his hand, pointing it at the federal plane which was circling overhead, he said.
Sammy Ladymon, 45, was arrested on a misdemeanor charge of illumination of aircraft by intense light. He faces up to a year in jail.
It was the first time someone was arrested in North Texas for pointing a laser at a plane.
The arrest came just one day after the Federal Aviation Administration warned of a rash of such incidents nationwide and announced an $11,000 civil fine for anyone caught aiming a laser at aircraft.
North Texas was No. 1 with 51 laser incidents reported so far this year -- far more than the 34 for all of last year.
The incident Thursday began at about 9:30 p.m. when a Southwest Airlines pilot reported that someone on the ground was aiming a laser at his jet, said FAA spokesman Lynn Lunsford.
The plane was near Garland at 5,000 feet altitude preparing to land at Love Field.
Air traffic controllers alerted other planes in the area, including the FBI pilot.
Agents turned Ladymon over to Garland police officers, who booked him on state charges.
Garland police spokesman Joe Harn, a pilot himself, said pointing a laser at a plane could cause a crash.
"Why would somebody do something like that?" he asked. "It's dangerous, it's against the law, [and] it's just not good common sense to do something like that."

ARG

North Texas was No. 1 with 51 laser incidents reported so far this year -- far more than the 34 for all of last year.

So many irresponsible laser users. I thought this kind of stuff didn't happen that often...

Trevor

I hate to need to listen to the Freakin' commercial and then
be advised the "The selected item is not currently available"....:yabbmad:

I like this though...
A Garland man was arrested Thursday night after he pointed a laser
at the wrong plane --

What would the right plane be....:thinking:

Jerry

There's no right plane, you're right.

But I would file a plane with a chain gun and missiles in the "wrong" category... :eg:

-Trevor

^^^I would be very surprised if you could tell the plane in question apart from any other in the air.

Hope he gets some nice r&r time courtesy of local prison. I mean a man that age shouldn't be that irresponsible.