Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Not sure if this a good deal

I was at costco today and I picked this up thinking that these might make a good host. I am still very new so I have pretty much have no idea about anything, but seeing that the two were $15 I figured maybe it might be a good deal worth mentioning here.

TechLite: Tactical LED: 2x pack, $20 at Costco: 3x AAA: "160 Lumens" - CPFMarketPlace

Anyway, maybe its a good deal, maybe its a rip off, maybe its just a plain old waste of money, but on the off chance that these may work as a host I figured I would post it.

Morgan

Hey laughcry,

Are they good flashlights? If they are then they are not a rip-off.

The thing about a host is that anything can be a host! It's just the work that goes into it. They might be really good and easy to modify but it's only once you try that you'll know. It may be that for some freaky reason an Aixiz/Green module will fit straight in with no problem and leave the perfect room for a decent battery but that's very unlikely, (if this does turn out to be true though, get me a couple please!). Any of the builders here generally supply hosts with parts made specifically for that model. That model has been chosen because the look of the host is cool enough for MOST people to want them. If you have access to a lathe or other machinery than you can make those custom parts yourself and make a host out of anything you choose.

At least with the potential hosts you have bought there, you can use one as a torch... (sorry, I'm in the UK!), I mean flashlight, and one you can pull apart for modification.

Let us know how things go.

M
:)

They seem to be a good deal! 10 bucks a piece is a steal if they are high quality!