Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Noob needs suggestions as usual

Hey guys I just joined after doing a bunch of research on lasers. I have owned several green ones before, from 5-30mw, and from both expensive places and dealextreme. My knowledge is limited, however, when it comes to burning lasers. I wish to purchase a cheap burning laser, 50-150 dollars, and all I care about is that I can see the beam really well (at night and maybe a bit in day) and it can burn tape, balloons, and matches. I guess focusable would be the best bet, but which color? How powerful? And I will probably buy from rayfoss so if possible, can anyone suggest a good laser for me? A beam in daylight would be so cool....

Any green laser of a decent power from O-Like or Rayfoss should give a decent beam and pop balloons or light matches. I don't have any personal experience with them, but there are several reviews of Chinese green lasers on the forum - take the time to look around at them, and you'll get a good idea of what's available and at what price.

FYI, if anyone recommends you save up a little extra for a 445nm laser I'd suggest otherwise - the power is far too high for what you want, and it would only be a liability.

For starters, Beamjunkie - if you want burning AND visibility, ignore the 445nm blue craze for the moment and get the best you can in 532. I'd recommend o-Like right now, since there's been some "noise" about rayfoss on the forums lately.

532nm green is much, much more visible than any other wavelength we're talking about right now.

for burning, you'd want a focusable one.

Ignore the "cute and lovely" parts and I'd say this fits right where you want it to be:

-150mW
-532nm (very visible)
-Focusing cap
-$99

http://www.o-like.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=55

That's probably right about in the sweet spot where you want to be.