Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Noob in Ohio

Registered a couple of days ago after ordering one of Rick's 3W 445nm kits. Been spending time devouring all the information on this site. Thanks to all that have shared their information and stories. It's very educational.

I received the kit yesterday and it's a beauty. Assembly was no problem. I'm looking forward to experimenting with it.

-Bob

Tmack

Ricks kits come with glasses too. Good move getting a all in one kit. Be careful and have fun. Had one of ricks myself. Was a monster!!!

Hi and welcome from down under.Well you picked a beast of a laser to start of with ,enjoy but as always be eye safe .

I wanted to "get while the gettin' is good" so to speak. I know it's powerful and needs to be respected. Prices are going up and it seems there's more attention being paid to the > 5mW lasers than before. I guess you could say I got one before I couldn't. :)

My son-in-law has a 10mW green and we've had fun with it.

I will pick up more pairs of glasses before I do anything with it.

-Bob

Tmack

To make sure it lasts, respect the duty cycle on these very powerful lasers. He runs his drivers at 2.5a which is very hard. So the shorter duty cycle you can use, the longer it will live. Because of its very highly driven diode, it's life expectancy is dramatically reduced.

im from ohio as well. welcome to the forums and enjoy your stay. you can call me the safety nazi if you wish. i give alot of safety rants but it seems as if one is not needed here. Welcome!

To make sure it lasts, respect the duty cycle on these very powerful lasers. He runs his drivers at 2.5a which is very hard. So the shorter duty cycle you can use, the longer it will live. Because of its very highly driven diode, it's life expectancy is dramatically reduced.

Thanks for the tip. I will watch the cycles and make sure it doesn't get hot.

im from ohio as well. welcome to the forums and enjoy your stay. you can call me the safety nazi if you wish. i give alot of safety rants but it seems as if one is not needed here. Welcome!

You won't get any arguments from me about safety. I'm already wondering how I can put an interlock switch, or something similar, on it. In the meantime, anytime it's not in my hand the batteries are out of it.

-Bob