Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

No lasers over 5mW on ebay?

I was looking for lasers on ebay, there isn't any laser over 5mW .
But I noticed something suspicious for some lasers it says military grade, military power,powerful ,Military High Power... and some of them have too rugged body and cost too much to have only 5mW output power.

Are this lasers actually over 5mW but are disguised as 5 mW to fool ebay admins because it is against the rules to sell high powered lasers on ebay or something?

SOG

Ywah. I have heard they have new rules on E-mail and Paypal, no more high power lasers there. Or at least you can't state out the exact power if it's over that limit

I got one of those "Military Grade" lasers from e-bay. There is nothing "Military Grade" about them. The are the cheapest Chinese junk you can get. You can find better quality lasers else ware. I have had good experience with Rayfoss Lasers!, Rayfoss your trusable onlinestore The focus able waterproof one is nice to start with. Just make sure to pick your self up some safety glasses while your there.

Lase

I was looking for lasers on ebay

First issue, if you don't know what you're looking for then you won't ever find it on eeekbay unless it's a fluke.

Try reading more on here to learn what to look for or check out the Buy, Sell, Trade section for some great quality builds.

Also try Lazerer.com. They are one of the most reputable chinese companies atm. I haven't heard of anyone having an issue with them yet.

Lase

Last edited:
I sell lasers on eBay and when you make an item available that is a laser they have a huge big red warning block saying "the FDA regulates blah blah 5mW max blah blah your listing will be taken down if it violates this."

I also know that some other businesses do post lasers there (like a blue for $120 or whatever) where it is definitely not 5mW,, they just don't put the actual power on or the listing will get removed.