Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Nice RGB Scanner *Video

Kenom

that my friend is INTENSE. Loved how they get the beam to show up midway down teh path and highlight there. Of course a laser curtain! man that's cool.

T

timelord

Just wish the power of the blue laser had more then I'd be totally wrapped ;) but if that guy done that stuff in his bedroom then I'm blown away!!! :cool:

S

SenKat

I WILL have one of those, damnit ! Damn - that is simply incredible...I would of course have the coolest damned garage on the block ! I will have to tell my wife that is what I want for Father's day....hehehehehe
Somehow I do not think my daughter has saved up that kind of money from yard work, LOL !!!

THAT is what I'm doing for VBS next year!!!

Well, OK, probably not at that level of elegance...but it's definitely my intention. I'm working towards a 40 foot tall fogscreen, and an X-Y scanner with multiple color beams and blanking.

I saw a similar show on a waterscreen, and it's just magnificent.

It's Church of Christ, though...no instrumental music. Been downloading beatboxing from youtube, since a LASER show without tunes is just wrong.

-- Chuck Knight

S

SenKat

chuckknight said:
THAT is what I'm doing for VBS next year!!!

Well, OK, probably not at that level of elegance...but it's definitely my intention.  I'm working towards a 40 foot tall fogscreen, and an X-Y scanner with multiple color beams and blanking.

I saw a similar show on a waterscreen, and it's just magnificent.

It's Church of Christ, though...no instrumental music.  Been downloading beatboxing from youtube, since a LASER show without tunes is just wrong.

-- Chuck Knight

Let me show my ignorance.....what is beat boxing, and why no music at the church ? Just nosey....

This is the beatbox piece I've selected for the show...

Well, the forum software won't let me post a link for some reason. So, if you'll go to YouTube and search for "joel turner idol finale" you'll find the piece I've selected. Tell me what you think.

As to the no music thing... Church of Christ believes that we should neither add nor subtract from what the Bible says. Every mention in the Bible, of someone worshiping or praising God through music, involves their singing. Never does it ever mention an instrument, so we don't add instruments during our services. All music in a Church of Christ is a cappella...sung without instruments.

Hope you like my choice of music... It's definitely a departure for "Church music," but there are no offensive lyrics (3 or 4 questionable words which I can edit out) and the beats are amazing. Nothing to complain about, and I think the kids will absolutely love it. The elders may have a few words for me...but really, what can they complain about?

-- Chuck Knight

S

SenKat

Ah...I watched the video - that guy was amazing, carrying on five different beats at once ! WOW :eek:

As far as teh no music thing goes, can't say as I agree or not, that is just different for me ! Very cool - you have GOT to find away to film all of your VBS program - please ?

Zander

Can someone post a link of where to purchase that scanner or a similar one?

Kenom

There are ton's of scanner's for sale Zander.  You can buy them on ebay even.  It also depends on if you want a 20k, 27k, 30k or whatever scanner. As it says in the comments about that video if you want a good scanner go with 30k and above for animation that doesn't have blank spots. There is a great movie over here at cpf showing some animation that can be done with a good scanner. http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=139512&page=4

or direct link to the video http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-650821814851148482

ChuckNight,

Did your Church of Christ add mutiple cups to the Lords Supper? How many cups do you read that they used in the NT? Single or mutiple? Does your church of Christ have Sunday School? Where do you read about that in the NT? How about song books? Do women sing? What does the NT say about women keeping silent in the assembly? Can you show me a verse that said that it was wrong to have IM in the so called worship service (Romans 12:1-2)? So . . . , Did your Church of Christ add to God's Word?

"Being silent where the Bible speaks, speaking where the Bible is silent" Is this right?

Did the Church of Christ five finger plan of salvation come from Walter Scott?

One last thing. What type of laser did you thing that Alexander Campbell and Barton W Stone used? They might have used the MZ-2548 and the LE-U89OY model sense those models are safer to use. Did you hear about James O'Kelly blinding a kid?

NorthStar

S

SenKat

Guys, The ONLY reason I am leaving this NorthStar clowns post up is to point out exactly how mean, stupid, and arrogant some people can be. I am not a religious person per say, and my beliefs are personal, not really meant to be spread out on laserpointerforums.com, if this were blible.net - well, that would be a different story. I am of the opinion (a strong one at that) that no one religion is above another, and none of them are 100% correct either - so since this IS the general section, and not the religious-slam-your-fellow-forum-members-beliefs thread...everyone can safely assume that this subject is closed (the one regarding religion) Let's get back to talking about lasers, not slamming our folks on here especially ones that came here to talk lasers, not to convert anyone to their religion either covertly or overtly.

Lesson learned ? Don't attack folks on this board - that is NOT the way to get along....and for the record, this ass-clown will NOT be back.

ok....back to lasers

that shit is off the F%$*ING HOOK!!!!

i didnt even know some of that stuff was possible, but it forces me to ask a quesetion that I know I will probably cringe at the answer to....

How Much? :eek:

That thing is very impressive ! the mirrors is these scanners must be moving damn fast :| the 20k 30k etc. stands for mirrors (motors, galvos, whatever) speed ? I didn't see the blue at all in this video lol.