Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Nice Beam and burning. Thanx to all !!!

Re: Nice Beam but no burning Help Needed Please !!!

280 ma shud show some heat in beam

Common misconception is that the beam of the laser is hot.

It's not.

Red laser will not burn you, at least not the ones you can built on your own. Simply because your skin is also reddish tone and will not absorb enough laser light to convert into heat.

You need to move the lens away from the diode a bit to create a focal point in the beam where the laser will burn the strongest.

You could have a problem with that since everything there is fixed in place.

With Aixiz module, it's as simple as turning the little knob at the front of the laser.

mehra

ok. i'll order an aixiz. any idea which one is cheap n best ?? i see a lot of them here.

put another lens in front of the original lens, and put some electrical tape where the dot is smallest.

Running @ 280mA that should burn like buggery with an Aixiz Module I measured about
220mA measuring the bottom of the bat and the inside of the host- 30-50 mA so say ~180 mA, mine cuts through white stickit notes rely easy.

mehra

put another lens in front of the original lens, and put some electrical tape where the dot is smallest.

Actually I m crazy to build this thing with my own components. buying aixiz is no issue, but then there's no craze. And when beam is so good even then no burning ?? Could you please give a bit more detailed idea about puting another lens. I m using a lens from DVD burner and not aixiz one.

Last edited:

No problems at all. If in need of any further assistance feel free to contact me by PM.

Always here to help :beer:

mehra

No problems at all. If in need of any further assistance feel free to contact me by PM.

Always here to help :beer:

today i experimented for a couple hours. i succeeded in burning a match twice. concluded that i need a better battery. any recommendations ???

mehra

Ok ! so finally i removed what I wanted to. but even when lens is exposed and no thing is between lens and wall, still the results r not upto the mark. seems like lens has got "something" in it. dot is focused good. but a halo effect is seen. i m attaching pics for reference. do i need to replace lens ?? any additional comments ???

Attachments

• DSC00003.JPG
    DSC00003.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 113
  • DSC00004.JPG
    DSC00004.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 140
  • DSC00005.JPG
    DSC00005.JPG
    181.2 KB · Views: 167
  • DSC00009.JPG
    DSC00009.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 130
  • DSC00010.JPG
    DSC00010.JPG
    191.5 KB · Views: 140
  • DSC00011.JPG
    DSC00011.JPG
    238.1 KB · Views: 143

mehra

Now this is what I built with all the help I got here. Special thanks to Eudaimonium and Bionic-Badger for all your support. U are great guys. And don't worry I'll keep you bothering in future too for my other builds. A glimpse of what you made me possible to make ....:wave::thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lac4slCuedQ

Thanx once again.:D:D:D

Last edited:
Discussed over PM - No problems at all, glad I could help, that's what the forum is for :)

Also, indeed please feel free to bother me more if you have any questions.

mehra

Discussed over PM - No problems at all, glad I could help, that's what the forum is for :)

Also, indeed please feel free to bother me more if you have any questions.

my module from dealextreme is on way. I'll start working on my second build. In my second build I'll try to make a red laser with a beam that would have a long focal length :gun: and strong burning power too:drool:. just waiting for module.:can:

bye. :D

Looks good! Are you using a glass lens for the laser? It might allow more light through.

mehra

Looks good! Are you using a glass lens for the laser? It might allow more light through.

No, it's a plastic lens. Extracted from a very cheap laser toy costing about 0.4 USD here locally in India. I hope if I get better hardware the results would be yet better. :evil::eg::angel:

Indeed, the results will be better.

Don't forget, laser safety goggles! You must have those to protect yourself!