Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Newcomers!!!

I just recently got into lasers I guess out of curiosity. Then again, I do have other hobbies which should indicate that I really don't have much of a life at all. I bought a couple of green lasers from a place based in Houston. I was amazed at what a 75mw laser could do. Unfortunately, my lust for more power haunts me to this day. I was getting ready to purchase that "Crossfire 300mw" from Techlasers, but something told me to do a more thorough research. Then I found this place. And as a result, I now have the RPL 225. I still want to upgrade..... RPL 300+?

T

timelord

Welcome on board the forum Twilyte and I'm glad you made the right choice to go with Optotronics ;)

new to the list

I found this site after being lost in Wicked Lasers forum for a while. however after i found this site i found out about Optotronics and ended getting two great lasers from Jack. So i was reading these forums weeks before I joined.

Jago

hey,

i first learned about high powered lasers when my uncle showed me one about a year ago. I was amazed to see such a beautiful beam but forgot about it. A few weeks ago i wanted to buy one, did alot of searching and decided this is the place to be (very active forum and laserpros with alot of knowledge   :p). Ordered an X105 from novalasers a and i should receive it this monday/tuesday. I might try to make a laser myself but lets first see how the X105 turns out  :). I live in the Netherlands and am a student at the High School of Amsterdam (Aviation Studies).

Hello, I normaly follow candlepowerforums.com but came here following a Kenom post. I've been thinking of getting a higher power red pointer but don't know if I should go with a Pulsar, Kenom type mid, or try my very limited soldering skills. I'm a little concerned about the scam warnings here. I've had smooth transactions at cpf but may need a middleman here. Anyway, this looks like a great!
Thanks, Chris

Hi All

What brought you to this forum & how did you hear of us?

I ordered my first "real" laser pointers (not the little 1$ red ones) a few days ago, and while waiting for them to arrive, I started looking around the Internet. Doing that, I stumbled across this site, and now - after a few days of reading - I think it's about time to say Hi!

This seems like a friendly place, where people know what they are talking about, and what better place to learn and get more entangled in the fantastic and fascinating world of bright lights.

"Bob" knows, most my friends find me a complete nutter, spending several hundred bucks on green dots, so I'm looking forward to spend a little time in cyberspace with you guys, who really appreciates the power of light.

Now I just need my pointers (only a Wicked Core 5mW and a Dragon Viper 95mW) to arrive, then I'm in buisness. What better way to start a new year!

A Happy New Year to you all!!!

Well, well...

I guess I should have posted here first!

I found LPF while Googling about lasers without IR filters. (yeah, I know... but DX's warnings had me spooked... ;)) This was one of many forums I found, but I liked the wit and wealth of "old school" knowledge here. Not to mention the spirit of experimentation and the sheer enthusiasm that runs rampant in these threads.

My kind of place.

Cheers, CC

What brought me to this forum?
How did I hear of "us"?

I was looking at some quirky videos of laser-ignited matches on Metacafe.com, which led me to StoneTek's site, then here for the Sony 16x LD driver circuit details.

I've already mystified the local inhabitants with my green-beam, and thought a bright red one would be fun to make. I've got about 25 cheap-o red LD pointers, 2 of the green 5mw pointers from Hong Kong, and an unused argon-ion tube that needs to come to life. This seems like a good place to augment my knowledge of lasers and electronics, and find some good deals as well. Aside from entertaining cats, I'd really like to use lasers for experiments dealing with holography, data communications, seismology, art, and much more.

hi guys, my name is simon im from oxford and i've became interested in lasers, i use to own a I.R laser for my night vision scope.but ive been looking at these really powerful one's hulk? id love one i think they are great, they look really powerful.i bought a really cheap laser point today it was 1 mw i was abit disapointed to say the least but i suppose it's o.k it only cost £17.00.so hello to everyone.

Oh, a member "bluefusion" on instructables told me that this was the ideal place to go to for information about lasers. He recommended me here because of my post: instructables.com/id/Laser-cutter-start-slicing-stuff-for-under-50-dol

And I'm here because I've been interested in lasers ever since my 6th grade science fair project on holography! Nice to meet you all. And if you like my project you can vote for me to win an incredibly powerful 25 W CO2 laser: instructables.com/group/laserfinalists.

Anyhoo, I have a few questions, I'll look about now for a right forum. Thanks all!
-bg

LASERFURY said:
Found the site from google. I'd love an orange laser to support my favorite NFL team, the bengals. Their colors are orange and black! I don't think there are any orange lasers, though :(

WHO DEY