Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Newcomers!!!

Well, post here too.

Got the Idea of "DVD-Diode-modding" on another forum, then saw instructables, and through a mesh of links I found this Forum.
The Group buy section, to be more accurate. Cool forum, will be hanging out here prolly some time.

About me: I am a 19yr old physics student from Germany. Love Lasers (who doesn't?!?), but have none right now (trashed my last 2$ one lately).

Friend of mine bought a 125mW green Dragonlaser (through me, actually), and that was the point at which I said "I need that!" Yet, 300+$ is a lot for a remote match lighter, so that was put on hold...

...until yesterday, thanks to LPF!!!

Anyways, some sort of a (theoretical) Laser enthusiast here.

Wetto

Hello I'm Wetto and Senkat recommended that I come here.

I have been on the laser community forum for a month or so and I started to notice all of the insane moderators and such.

I hope to enjoy this forum very much :D

H'ya all!
I've been lurking this forum for some time now and I think it's time to join. I came here because it's an un-biased forum unlike LC. I've been a member of LC and Spectra Forum (by the name of Maser).
I know this site for a very long time, longer than LC I think.
And I think that I'm gonna call this forum "my home" for some time now, if not forever. :)

disma

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum, but I have been reading everything for a few weeks now, and finaly decided to join. I found the forum through google, when looking for laser stuff on the net. :) Ive built a few prety powerfull lasers including a 1 watt 808nm (got some great divx movies of this one), 100mw dvd diode 670nm, ssy1 yag 1064nm, still only have a 5mw green pointer though.

Max

xinf3

Hello everyone! :)  
Yesterday morning I stumbled across LPF while searching for LD's and drivers, and well I finally put my laptop down around 1am after being online for 16 hours. I gotta say that this is one of the best forums I've seen and couldn't stop reading about everything that is found here.
so alittle about myself... by day I mess with networks, on my own time I have alot of varied interests, anything computer related, anything beer related (brewing beer and drinking beer), golf and other pub games to name a few. I'm interested in anything tech related.
I have always been fascinated by lasers, but didn't own my first until diodes where more commonly found. I think I paid $50 for my first, and that got me a less powered LD pointer then the ones you buy at walmart for $4 lol. I have only owned a few low wattage reds, both cheapies that have been lost, a cheap "laser show" module (spider something), and played with a few HeNe tubes.
I just finished making a HTPC, so I decided to start playing with lasers again and was looking around for some parts when I found LPF.com. I plan on getting in on some group buys if that's alright and working up to my long term goal of building a laser show.  
so... sorry for such a long winded post, and looking forward to working with all of you  :D

S

SenKat

Wetto said:
Hello I'm Wetto and Senkat recommended that I come here.

I have been on the laser community forum for a month or so and I started to notice all of the insane moderators and such.

I hope to enjoy this forum very much  :D  

Welcome to the forum, Wetto ! Glad you could make it here Since you are literally right around hte corner from me - whenever you are ready to tackle your first DIY red, and your folks don't mind - come on over, and I will show you how to make them !

Greg

Stumbled across this site looking for information..  While I'm new to this forum, I'm not new to lasers having been in the industry from 1980 to 1995.  The vast majority of my experience being with ion and CO2 lasers.

Diode laser technology has come so far and is so cheap now, I thought I'd put together a few to entertain my grandkids..  

Thanx for having me.

I'm building a couple of blu-ray lasers and I need this site for information. I haven't posted on any laser forums for a while now but decided it is time to contribute what I can in return. See you in the threads.

Lorgar

Hi all
Found this site by chance a while ago and have been lurking in the background.
Been reading over posts on the DIY stuff.
Always had an intrest in Lasers but never the time for them.
Now ive started making time for some hobbies and this is one of them.

Starting off slow with low powered stuff <5 mw
Playing with electronics again after 24 years of not touching an iron
It was a lot easier 24 years ago to solder somthing ( didnt need tweasers to hold things heh)