Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Newcomers!!!

the arrival of yet another noob... :D

Hello all...found my way here through google...been lurking around the other forums and made the decision to join this one and CPF. :) I'm new to lasers in general so please bear with me... ::)

I'm planning on getting a new laser soon to replace my 5mw...finally saved enough for something with a little more muscle. :D

hello everyone! im new here and I just want to know more about lasers, Hoping you guys could help me build my first laser instead of buying one ;D.

S

SenKat

Welcome to LPF new folks ! Those looking to gain knowledge, and make friends are in the right place !

G !

Greetings all!

I've been lurking for some time now, and I think I'm ready to start building some Reds.

I've been curious about LASERs since I first saw one, and Sams LASER FAQ has been on top of my bookmarks for as long as I can remember. When I found out that DVD burners contained such a powerful LD, I Googled and found this amazing forum.

I hope I can someday contribute to this community at least a part of what I've taken.

Matt

a_pyro_is said:
Greetings all!

I've been lurking for some time now, and I think I'm ready to start building some Reds.

I've been curious about LASERs since I first saw one, and Sams LASER FAQ has been on top of my bookmarks for as long as I can remember. When I found out that DVD burners contained such a powerful LD, I Googled and found this amazing forum.

I hope I can someday contribute to this community at least a part of what I've taken.

Matt

I couldn't have said it better myself.

I've been trying recently to stay away from the bar scene, and began looking into various projects to keep me occupied while I'm home. It used to be reef tanks, but that is a level of commitment I no longer have time for.

I'd like to start by building a couple of Daedal's cicuits (thanks, Daedal!), and work up to a red laser burner modeled after a Kenom or Senkat variety (thanks also, to you both).

Cheers,
Steve

T

timelord

Welcome to the forum Premnas I hope you find plenty here to keep you out of the bars :D

gekko

good evening :D

my name is ben, im from england, just north of london, and i was recomended to join this forum from the good people at dealextreme.com

T

timelord

gekko said:
good evening :D

my name is ben, im from england, just north of london, and i was recomended to join this forum from the good people at dealextreme.com
Hello Ben I'm a fellow Londoner :D and welcome you here hope you like it ;)

Whats up! Everybody. Sh0oNuFF from Brooklyn here.

Am new to these lasers. I like what i see and i wanna learn as much as i can. I found this from just doing a search for laser forums. And I like it Here.

BeautySoulQueen said:
Welcome to laserpointerforums.com! Thank you for joining!
We want to know:

What brought you to this forum?

Google Search after reading an instructables faq for a red burning laser - I currently have a 125 mW green courtesy of WickedLasers which I've been enjoying for a little under 2 years, and figured I'd like to try my hand at building a nice red to match it. Very interested in contacting Daedal about a power supply, but can't PM until I make a post ;P

How did you hear of us?

Googled you after seeing mention of Daedal's board in the instructables article here: http :// www . instructables . com /id /EWM4YR2F4WY1LQ2/

Attachments

• navyuniform.jpg
    navyuniform.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 66

Things

welcome to the forum! ;) ;)you'll have lots of people to help you if you get stuck with your laser/s ;)

p33n

hello everyone p33n here from qregon
i found this stie while doing resurch on lasers

Greetings everyone,

I've been lurking on here for a couple weeks, finally found an excuse to start posting.
By day I'm a software developer for a state law enforcement agency, at night I wear a spandex jumpsuit and fight crime! If by "fight crime" you mean "shock and disgust people".

I've been an electronics hobbyist for a couple years now (lots of console modding and hacking, if anyone wants a NES controller universal remote PM me, I'm making a bunch for Xmas presents this year). Since the famous Instructables post caught my attention, lasers are quickly becoming the focus of my tinkering.

As I said, I was originally attracted by the maglite project, but it quickly became clear that this was a half-arsed implementation. So I built Daedal's driver circuit and have been using that for everything.  (need to make a few extras)

My first attempt at building a DVD burner-based laser failed when the diode took a tumble across carpet. I felt a lot better when Gazoo mentioned that the drive I used had an unusually difficult extraction process (Lite-ON 20x).  My Pioneer 112 drive should be here tomorrow, hopefully with much better results (you can bet I will be extra-paranoid about static now, wrist strap instead of touching pc case, etc).

I also have a DX 30mw greenie on its way, a small handful of <5mw pointers, and an audio modulated HeNe, including a fiber optics experiment kit. Unfortunately, the HeNe doesn't fire. I've traced voltage all the way into the HV power supply, so I'm guessing this is where the problem lies. I will probably try to light up the tube alone (as per the FAQ) to verify that it's the P/S I need to replace, then buy a new one. I'm really looking forward to using this one with my sons as it's neat looking and sufficiently low-power (.95mw) to be somewhat safe for them to operate (at least compared to 140mw+). It also has a few crystals and diffraction gratings that screw into the tip.. I've been using these with pointers but it's a pain keeping them aligned by hand.

Some items on my shopping list for the near future include: 3 GB diodes, fog machine (waiting for the post-halloween sales) and some sort of scanner (probably start with a cheap one and upgrade the laser for starters, then I might try a take on Rog's portable scanner... smashing job on that by the way)

Anyway, now that I've broken radio silence, you'll probably be hearing a lot more from me.

-Mr. Burns