Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Newbie looking into the laser hobby.

B Mann2

I am from the Midwest USA. Older guy who is into automotive, machining, welding and firearms. I have worked on all kinds of repair projects. Form score boards to water wells. So I do understand safety. I picked up a couple of cheapo lasers to mess with. I have been digging on the forum for several hours yesterday. Nice thread on learning green lasers, but has a lot of old info. (out of business companies) I will post a few questions when I get a chance.

I am from the Midwest USA. Older guy who is into automotive, machining, welding and firearms. I have worked on all kinds of repair projects. Form score boards to water wells. So I do understand safety. I picked up a couple of cheapo lasers to mess with. I have been digging on the forum for several hours yesterday. Nice thread on learning green lasers, but has a lot of old info. (out of business companies) I will post a few questions when I get a chance.
Welcome to LPF! I've got a lot of current items available and I'm here to help as well.

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Welcome to the forums and welcome to the hobby! :cool:

B Mann2

Welcome to LPF
Speaking of that.... My Daughter. 30 years old, wanted to know what I wanted for Christmas a few years ago. I laughed and said a concrete alien. I thought that would be cool. I told her not to buy one. They are well over $1000. So the kids show up one day and she made one. Not perfect but very cool. It is about 5 foot tall. Weighs in over 300 lbs, concrete is heavy. She said they tried glow in dark paint on it. Eh it didn't work well. I sprayed it with Krylon glow in the dark paint and taped off the almond eyes and painted them flat black. I keep a UV light on it. You can see it down the highway close to a 1/4 mile away.

When ever I tell someone where I live, I get... YOUR THE GUY WITH THE ALIEN!!!