Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

newbie, just bought first laser from dl

hi,

I have been wanting a green laser 4 a couple of years now but never go round to buying 1, so the other day i started looking into it, i started of wanting to spend around $200-300 on a pen sizes laser, but (with what usually happens with me) i start looking at higher modles and the extra power.

So yesterday i bought the hulk ultra 250mw from dragon lasers, with the charger n safty glass.

Iv read some good and a little bad stuff about this site so wasnt too sure, but from what the good stuff said i was happy to buy from them.

I have spoke to the live chat on there site and it was queit helpfull, they also phoned me 2day to make sure all the delivery info was correct and to ask what i would b using it 4 and so on.

they said it will b shipped 2moro or thursday morning and should b with me in 4-6 days after that!

i hope it arrives and gives out the stated 250mw, even tho i have no way of knowing, unless i bought a cheap testing kit.

so looking 4ward to the arrival of it and will post some pics when it comes!!

congratts on your first purchase and be carefull inside your house and out
the first one is always fun but soon you'll need another color another power level ect :D :D

iewed

clint4one said:
i hope it arrives and gives out the stated 250mw, even tho i have no way of knowing, unless i bought a cheap testing kit.

No such thing ;)

VW

Your money will be in good hands, I bought a Hulk 150mW a couple of months ago and it turned out to average 212mW. I was looking at the Hulk Ultra too but I didn't have the extra money to spend on the safety features. But yeah, the Hulk's are solid. Like someone else has mentioned, be careful indoors, make sure to wear safety glasses if you're in an enclosed space as these things are bright!

I don't think you need to worry about the testing kit. It's the pointers that are a little strange. Portable lasers, as long as you get them from a good company (Dragon, Opotronics or Laser-Glow) you can pretty much assured it'll be good.

Can you ask for a power output graph for you laser if you order from Dragon?

VW

I would, it's worth a try. They don't ship with any information on it's exact power, so it would be handy to ask while they still have and are testing your laser. I don't know if they'll give you a graph, but I'm sure they'll tell you the results of the tests...