Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Newbie from Central, WA

Hello. I'm Justin, and I just joined the forum today. Have been fascinated with laser technology since I was a kid in high school. I remember how thrilled I was when I purchased one of these cool new "high-powered" <5mw 650nm pens. Had no idea what the future held in store over the 20+ years that followed. I've had a few 50-500mW 532s, and built a 100mW 405 not long after those diodes came on the market. I lost interest maybe about 7 or 8 years ago and now find myself laserless, having sold or given them all away over the years.
Recently though, I've had my sights set on one of these Sanwu 465/470nm 4W heldhelds. I hear it's a good quality overall laser and host. I'm fond of the spiker saber host design for whatever reason. Question; Does anyone know what approximate beam divergence you might get with a G7 lens and Sanwu expander used together?
Gonna to try my best to hold back this wicked temptation for now, but I just know I'm eventually going to probably end up caving. :takeit:

Hi Justin,
Welcome to LPF were are you from , would be nice to add . Have fun and be safe.

Now thats better buddy thank you awesome ..

Rich:)

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum! :) With 4W I really suggest you get some eagle pair goggles from survival laser If you haven't already especially if you decide to burn things. One slight mistake/accident and your life will be changed forever.

Have fun! :)

:wave: Welcome to the Forum.
Enjoy your stay and be Laser Safe
especially if you get that 4W Laser.

Jerry

Welcome to LPF, Justin! Thanks for introducing yourself. There are many nice and knowledgeable people here who are happy to help and listen. You can find information about almost anything laser related by using the Search button on the main page and forum pages. Have fun and please always remember to be laser safe. Take Care.

-cd. :D

Welcome, Justin, from another Washingtonian. I am in Tacoma, though. This is the place to learn everything laser. Try the Google search bar at the bottom of the page. Hope you are able to learn as much as you want. :D

Thank you for the welcoming responses everyone. Yes, safety is always first and foremost, and I wouldn't think of purchasing something with that kind of power (blue light no less) and not have the proper protection. Do the Eagle goggles from Survival laser have a better quality lenses than those offered by Sanwu? Thanks again, everyone! Very much appreciate the knowledge and guidance. I know it's easy to get burned when you don't understand what it is you're buying. Especially when considering some of these, you know, slightly inaccurately-stated output numbers that you often see advertised. I look forward to exploring more of the forum.
Thanks for the link to the review video. Came upon it for the first time a few weeks ago. Would've liked if he maybe talked a little more on lenses, and divergence improvement with each. I think that's why my interests have always defaulted to the 532s, because of the beam quality. A DPSS handheld in a similar output range though is a little out of the budget at the moment. I don't know if something like that would even be a feasible build.