Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Newbe question - DIY Laser Torch

jayrob

Hi, I have a couple of AixiZ modules for the Daedal DIY Laser Torch. My modules do not have the front piece that looks like it has finger grips for focusing. I know that this piece is not needed but I like the looks of it. Does anybody know if I can just buy these pieces for my existing modules?
Thanks,
Jay

LarryQ

Some of the Aixiz modules come with that metal "Ring" around the plastic lens holder....

Currently..NONE of my lasers have this ring...

I have wondered why some have it..and others don't.

More importantly will be for you to open up the Back of that black plastic lens housing...to keep from burning the plastic when you use the laser....

Be VERY CAUTIOUS and don't stick the e-xacto blade in so far as to scratch the lens!!!

Good Luck

Larry

Daedal

LarryQ said:
Be VERY CAUTIOUS and don't stick the e-xacto blade in so far as to scratch the lens!!!

I did that a couple of times... :-[ It's deceivingly close ;D

But, back to the point... I may have a couple that I could slap in an envelope and send your way :)

--DDL

Kenom

I'm sure that you can email Aixiz, wait 3 months and never get anything.

Or you can go to dealextreme and buy the module they have here
http://dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.5914
and wait a month for it to reach you. I'd talk to daedal and get the one's he's offering. I also would like a few as the modules I have don't have any rings any longer. I've got 6 modules and 1 ring superglued in place.

jayrob

Daedal said:
[quote author=LarryQ link=1191293318/0#1 date=1191293913]Be VERY CAUTIOUS and don't stick the e-xacto blade in so far as to scratch the lens!!!

I did that a couple of times...  :-[  It's deceivingly close  ;D

But, back to the point... I may have a couple that I could slap in an envelope and send your way :)

--DDL[/quote]
That would be totally cool! Just tell me your PayPal address and I will send what is needed. My mailing address is:
Jay Robertson
4704 Del Antico Ave.
Oakley, CA 94561
U.S.
Let me know,
Thanks,
Jay