Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

NEW Viasho 250mW for $230 shipped

Yes he is a very pushy on buying from them directly. Just tell him the reason you would rather purchase from dino is because the price is significantly lower. Tell him if he can sell to you at the dino price, you will buy from them.
The module & driver shown in the dinodirect link of the "firedragon" that is posted in this thread is much different than that of the Viasho lasers, so it's definitely not a Vaisho laser.
http://p.lefux.com/61/20100131/A087...r-Pointer-KitCertified-Power-Guaranteed_8.jpg
The aluminum section with the power button is similar, but not quite the same, the driver/circuit board shown in the picture is totally different, in fact no driver FETs are even on the circuit board shown and the board is only a partial board. The laser module section is completely different. Maybe if someone buys one of these and has a meter, they could report the results in power with and without IR filter and divergence.

From the outside the body looks nearly alike except for the LED used for the power indicator.
This is typical of some of these companies, to take a decent product, copy it's looks and then remove every penny possible from their cost and dump them on the market.
And what the heck is up with the 20 second limit on duty cycle run time?

Last edited:

The module & driver shown in the dinodirect link of the "firedragon" that is posted in this thread is much different than that of the Viasho lasers, so it's definitely not a Vaisho laser.
http://p.lefux.com/61/20100131/A087...r-Pointer-KitCertified-Power-Guaranteed_8.jpg
The aluminum section with the power button is similar, but not quite the same, the driver/circuit board shown in the picture is totally different, in fact no driver FETs are even on the circuit board shown and the board is only a partial board. The laser module section is completely different. Maybe if someone buys one of these and has a meter, they could report the results in power with and without IR filter and divergence.

From the outside the body looks nearly alike except for the LED used for the power indicator.
This is typical of some of these companies, to take a decent product, copy it's looks and then remove every penny possible from their cost and dump them on the market.
And what the heck is up with the 20 second limit on duty cycle run time?
strangly o-like sells these lasers from dinodirect as well. and they give 100/60 second cycle as recommendation.
im still not sure about wich laser im going to buy but i think it will be the one from DD.

DJNY

If someone ist still interested in this laser, please contact DINODIRECT and ask if it is a original VIASHO laser and if it is possible to send it back when it isn´t 250mW. I can act as a middle man and test the output on my Laserpowermeter + send DINO a video of the output readings if it isn´t up to spec.

If someone ist still interested in this laser, please contact DINODIRECT and ask if it is a original VIASHO laser and if it is possible to send it back when it isn´t 250mW. I can act as a middle man and test the output on my Laserpowermeter + send DINO a video of the output readings if it isn´t up to spec.
Hi DJNY,
Like I said in my earlier post in this thread, that laser is not a viasho. Not sure who makes it, but it's internals look very cheap compared to viasho portables.
The question to ask them is their return & warranty policy if out of spec and the amount of IR being emitted.