Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New user in search of enlightenment

Sasquatch616

Hello I am a new user, I registered because I have a question about my "Laser Torch"
*First let me start off by apologizing if I am posting this thread in the wrong section.

Ok so I recently bought a Laser Torch it emits a blue laser, my MAIN question and concern is about the batteries that it came with. I would like to know if there are higher quality/more powerful types of battery's I can use on my Laser.
The specs of my Laser are:
*Wavelength: 450nm
And the batteries that came with the laser are Ultrafire 16340 1200mAh 3.7v

Now in the instruction manual it says it can take 18650, 16340, or 3 AAA battery's. And the output power can go up to 7000mW.

Is there a different type of battery my cheap laser torch can use to let's say have a bit more power? Like using 18650 battery's instead of the 16340s it has?

Here’s another activity generator, there are lots of members who will jump to answer, but first, what laser torch? I will bite first, don’t use any battery with the name fire in it, cheaply made low capacity batteries no matter their claim, sometimes dangerous cells. With batteries the ability to supply current and the capacity or amount of time that current will flow at a high enough voltage for your device is what is important.

Edit:

Last edited:

Sasquatch616

Sorry, laser torch was the term used to be able to ship the laser pointer to the U.S. But I am currently not home at the moment when I get home I will post pictures of it.

Giannis_TDM

Sorry, laser torch was the term used to be able to ship the laser pointer to the U.S. But I am currently not home at the moment when I get home I will post pictures of it.
You are gurenteed not to get anything above 2000mw with it, Although cheap batteries dont let it reach even 1200mw. I suggest you buy 2 vapcell 18350 INR batteries. They are higher capacity with vastly superior current handling capabilities. While you are at it get a nitecore charger too.