Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New toy in the lab.. 850mJ Nd:YAG w/532nm, 266nm, 213nm Harmonic generators

Yes that's nice ( I say smiling and in good humor ).....but the question we all really want to ask is..........Can you blast a hole through a quarter ?
Also will you post some pics please :D ?

Last edited:

LSRFAQ

Quote "LIOB is pretty cool to see when combined with a microlens array.. looks like a floating hologram"

Oh, Why didn't I think of that one... :) Argh....

Steve

Yes that's nice ( I say smiling and in good humor ).....but the question we all really want to ask is..........Can you blast a hole through a quarter ?
Also will you post some pics please :D ?

I'll have to get back to you on that... not too familiar with the absorption spectrum of nickel and copper

I'll have to get back to you on that... not too familiar with the absorption spectrum of nickel and copper

The current production quarter is cupronickel (CuNi) copper nickel alloy on top of a copper core and I would expect it to be very poor at absorbing visible light however IR should have a better chance although it may still be mostly reflected at 1064nm.........how about if we take out quarter and insert razor blade ?