Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New to lpf, looking to make a hologram

I'm hoping to start making holograms( like the film kind, not starwars) and I'm looking for ppl with more experience in that area of lasers to share some advice on how to get started,

I'm hoping to start making holograms( like the film kind, not starwars) and I'm looking for ppl with more experience in that area of lasers to share some advice on how to get started,
Hey Yoyoukedude,

I won't write out a whole thing (yet) in part because the resources Cyparagon linked are definitely WAY better than what I could write, but just out of curiosity, how much experience do you have with the physics of holography? Is this something where you know the principles and want to try it, or are you trying to learn from the beginning?

Cheers,
LM

Anthony P

Integraf kits are a good starting point. You will likely start adding your own components very quickly to their basic kits.

I started making holograms in 1980. I used a 623.8 nm HeNe laser and glass photographic plates. Though the laser is red the shrinking process of developing the plate makes them look green if you make reflection holograms that use ordinary light sources to reconstruct the object wave.

There is a 'sub forum' on these at the lasershow forum.
good luck-- we want to see the PICS!!

thank all you guys for the support and resources, ill be shareing my progress after i gather some more materials.

were you able to find the holo section at the other laser forum?
cannot give you a link (not allowed here) if you search SELEM Laser- some of the 'hits' will be to that forum. SELEM is/was the biggest and best USA Laser Fans Meet- 14 yrs! very sad it is no more.
attendees made vids of laser shows and most you can see at YTube. The venue is no longer available. We hope we will be able to meet next year but it will be somewhere else if possible. These are organized at that forum under 'Meets and Greets' & happen . all around the world. the Holo section is at the top of the list. MAYBE Put yr location in the title of your intro and your interest in Holo --when members read that some will reply (with a greet) to you about the Meets and Holo--That forum has very little to do with pointers/handheld lasers--more about laser PJs shows etc. members are helpful at both. Any LEM would be a super place to demo/display etc --

welcome to LPF hak in TEXAS

Last edited: