Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New to lasers

It will be nowhere close to 200mw. You might get 30mw for that price. ask questions before you buy next time.

udanis

Hi, I have just purchased a Sky200 green laser from ebay eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace
Are these any good?

For that price I wouldn't expect too much. Although even if it's out put power is 50% what its rated it's still putting out a 100mW. and It's focusable to thats a plus. Generally it's best to use trusted companies with purchasing lasers rather than ebay and amazon. If you want a quality up to spec laser check out some of these companies:
laserglow.com
jetlasers.com - group buy going on right now with good prices
novalasers.com
dragonlasers.com

Here are some other companies that are cheaper, but their products aren't has high of quality as those listed above.
o-like.com
rayfoss.com

Hope This Helps
Udanis

h8cak

The laser arrived today and is of a very good quality. It pops balloons, lights matches and also lit a cigarette! The seller charges £35 postage so it keeps his fees down. What else should a 200 laser do?

udanis

The laser arrived today and is of a very good quality. It pops balloons, lights matches and also lit a cigarette! The seller charges £35 postage so it keeps his fees down. What else should a 200 laser do?

All the things you said. You really need to get a lpm to verify the output.

oic0

Hurt to look at the dot and cause permanent retinal damage with reflections. Might want to avoid testing those properties though ;)

IMO I wouldn't bother with an LPM if this is going to be your only laser. Youd be spending more than the original purchase price to find out if the original purchase was a good deal or not.

Do you have laser safety glasses?
If not you need to get a pair.:D

Welcome to LPF!

Last edited:

oic0

Can the reflections be dangerous?

Greater than 5mw of laser is considered a danger to your eyes since it can do damage before the average person can blink their eyes shut. When you are dealing with 200mw. Even a surface that only reflects 5% of the beams power back in to your eye still hits you with 10mw and possibly do some damage. Meanwhile something like a mirror, chrome, polished stainless steel, etc... is going to definitely do some damage if the reflection hits someones eye.

h8cak

So i need to get some glasses then! So the reflection off of a white wall ect can be bad for your eyes? That would explain the white dots i could see after messing about with it! U dont recon i have damaged my eyes? Which glasses would you recommend?

Folder

So i need to get some glasses then! So the reflection off of a white wall ect can be bad for your eyes? That would explain the white dots i could see after messing about with it! U dont recon i have damaged my eyes? Which glasses would you recommend?

A 100mw laser's reflection of a white wall WILL NOT damage your eyes. Your eyes are fine.