Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New to lasers and need some safety advice

Radim

Thank you. Also to all the others who welcomed me, thanks a lot :) I think it's the first time I've been welcomed like this.

Right. So my primary concern will then be to get those goggles ordered and fixing an IR filter on whatever laser I end up using if it doesn't already have one, then?

I must say that I already start feeling a bit less freaked out and a bit safer already knowing more about what awaits me. Next step would be to have someone design a circuit for me that can convert the PWM output of the Arduino to true analog :) I'm lucky enough to know a few electronics people who can help out with that.. I will at least be doing the programming entirely by myself, which is also is the part I'm really looking forward to doing. If/when I get started on the project, I'll happily share the progress with you and maybe even get some more hints and tips along the way.

I'm looking forward to see your project as well. Consider making a thread with entire progress of the project. I'll definitely subscribe that as laser harp is fascinating instrument.
Regarding safety - do not worry, you'll find a lot on LPF and you can see laserpointersafety.com.

Good luck and welcome. :)