Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New to gas lasers, ordered a HeNe, need a PS

all info-cross referenced on that hene and all others is at Sam' laser-
he give voltage and amps needed by maker-model numbers- even just length of the tubes. He sell both male and female aldens.
makinh youfr own custom mount/holder is not all that hard.

Def read what Sam has to say about buying Ebay and what 'not able to test' etc REALLY means.. Do nnot email Sam about anything that you did not look hard enough to find at his free data base- its a bit hard to navigae but with efort you will find the info you need.
check his extensive 'classified ads' DO email him about items needed that are not listed- somethings are not there and a few have been already sold but not removed from his list.

I doubt using a wall wart would be all that good of an idea- they can be very wonky-
join 'gas lasers' subforum social group here at LPF_ check sigs to find gas collectors- take most advice ONLY from VETS.
If you ask Dave nice he is always a source of good advice.

GO Texans!! ( today at noon)

A regulated wall wart is fine for providing 12-24VDC for a HeNe PSU. I use them for my HeNe lasers all the time. I wouldn't use a cheap no name "one hung lo" brand (aka cheap Chinese junk) as Dave from EEVBlog calls them because yeah those can be quite shoddy.

I try to collect only gas that runs off mains- having to get a PS for the PS is a PITA.
I do use wallwarts on my tiny bar code scanner reds- but not any others-most use 115vac..