Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

NEW STOCK: The MS-Envy - 18650 Custom Laser Host

Re: All Gone: The MS-Envy - 18650 Custom Host (Restocking)

So what's the word on my custom build? Very anxious! :eek:

so no1 answered... whats the benefit of 2x18350 vs 1x18650

8.4V over 4.2V? All dependd on the driver and what it needs and the fV of your diode.

sinner

Depends on the personal preference first of all,

BUT

- Buck setups are more stable
- 1 Driver can easily provide the required current
- Produces less heat of its own
- Better efficiency at higher currents
- Costs much less than a dual boost setup

The only downside is that you could get a 30-40min runtime out of your 1x 18650 provided that its decent capacity i.e: Panasonics 3100/3400mAh
But with 2x18350's Youre going to get 20-25mins in single charge!

Well all I know is its 2 batteries vs 1 =P

I really don't know though.

Does anyone know what the green on the front page means under the pre-ordered list?

Last edited:

thx for the input guys. i ordered 2 18350's when i ordered the host, was just curious what the benefit was, the combined higher voltage or...

XJJeff

I am trying to think where I can get a 2amp driver that works off of 3.7 volts.

Hate to be a pain but any idea when the orders for those who just bought a host and not a JAD kit going to ship? This 520nm diode is mocking me more and more every day. :p

sinner

Well the hosts are now with SBA and depending on how busy he is now i can't say anything.. He is at the hospital taking care of his family, and We're sorry for this unexpected delay! But he replied to my pm's yesterday and said he'll try to get them out as soon as possible hopefully by today or monday! hope he gets time and update everyone personally! I know it sucks but I can't blame him for that..

Hi, guys. I have an update for you. All of the MS-Envy and V4 orders, save the JAD kits, HAVE shipped. They are on their ways to you now. There were some issues with the drivers for the JAD kits, so I am going to pay the extra out of my pocket to order them domestically, and ship them to those who ordered the JAD kits ASAP.

I'd like to apologize for my tardiness. Those of you who don't know me well don't know that I work 6 days a week. And, only those close enough to me knew that my fiance, Jaxx, has been hospitalized, long term, in Dallas. So, on top of work, I've had to drive 80 miles round trip, almost daily, to visit her.

This all has me very overwhelmed, and in the weeds. I'm sorry my problems are affecting all of you. I am doing my very best to avoid that any further.

Thanks again.

Brian

hey sorry to hear about the family issues man thats a bummer. take your time, no rush with my order. i wasnt going to actuallu assemble mine immediately anyways, i had some plans to take the tailcap off, remove the pill etc, and do some custom bodywork! sinner knows what i got planned ^^...

so what did you hafta do? actually buy new drivers to finish the jad assemblies? (guess im more thankful of the domestic final inspection then seeing how there were issues!)

take care of the homefront first brother! im sure noone here is gonna press on you over a hobby...

Damn man didn't know about the hospitalization. Now I feel like a grade A d-bag. Hope everything turns out alright for you guys.

Thanks guys. Yes, I am buying new drivers for the JAD kits. As soon as they're in my hands, I will ship out the hosts.

My host came today and WOW it's a thing of beauty. Going to have to get the parts to make a spring board to go with the pill then figure out if the diode is case positive/negative/neutral before I can wire it all up.