Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

NEW STOCK: The MS-Envy - 18650 Custom Laser Host

Re: Pre-Sale: The MS-Envy - 18650 Custom Host

SBA, be sure to put a real nightmare of a diode in my build. I'll be happy to post pics and plenty of burning vids. :D

I'm thinking of making my Envy a 1W 638nm. Nobody's been playing with those lately, and I am less than excited by the 445s these days.

I sooooo need a 488nm diode....

I'm thinking of making my Envy a 1W 638nm. Nobody's been playing with those lately, and I am less than excited by the 445s these days.

I feel the same we I am over blued lol

488nm diodes exit you know it's jus how much do you need both kidneys? ;)

Even though I'm going to be repairing one 445 and probably building a 3W monster just to have in my collection the novelty of 445nm wore off pretty fast. 532 gets a "meh" from me as well.

sinner

One doesnot simply Overblue himself :na: I had several blues over the year , transplanted, sold, upgraded, BUT there is always that one special blue everyone needs, its just enough.. Like my V5 here, I sold the 3.5W because I really don't want two 3W+ Lasers .. One 3W is all it takes but if you don't have it.. You never know what you're missing!

Last edited:

eeeek my diode just arrived today from dtr and the batteries shipped today... just waiting on this beauty and i cant fricken wait. im sooo looking forward to experiencing 3w power over my 1.6w.... cant wait.... hopefully these hosts ship in time to arrive by this weekend ^^

Wow, 488nm is a beautiful wavelength.
bt488b.jpg

wow that is beautiful...

Yeah...I have a car running on a spun bearing insert. I'm in no position to buy a 488nm diode..

I'm new to this whole thing, but I'd like to build or have built a burning hobby laser. I do like your unique design though. Doesn't look like a flashlight for once. If I'm reading this right, this host is 5.6" total length? or 10.6"? What is average size and heft for these? Is it cheaper and easier to build a larger laser than a smaller? Personally I wouldn't care if it was the size of a 6 D cell Mag light if it worked better/was cheaper.

Just bought my 445nm 9mm Diode In V4 Copper Module W/Leads & Three Element Glass Lens from DTR today.

Cant wait to get this host so I can put together this host!

Very excited. This will be my 3rd laser!

sinner

UPDATE: The hosts are with the Customs in Cincinnati, OH. Just cleared the customs hope to be delivered by tomorrow! All US orders will ship right away, JAD Orders will have to wait..

I'm new to this whole thing, but I'd like to build or have built a burning hobby laser. I do like your unique design though. Doesn't look like a flashlight for once. If I'm reading this right, this host is 5.6" total length? or 10.6"? What is average size and heft for these? Is it cheaper and easier to build a larger laser than a smaller? Personally I wouldn't care if it was the size of a 6 D cell Mag light if it worked better/was cheaper.

The host is 5.6" in length, 30mm OD. The heatsink weighs 200g which is twice the weight of a Maglite HS (85g) and ten times the weight of C6 (18-20g)
The total weight of the host is just above 200g.
Send me a PM or post :takeit: So i could add your order to the list!

Just bought my 445nm 9mm Diode In V4 Copper Module W/Leads & Three Element Glass Lens from DTR today.

Cant wait to get this host so I can put together this host!

Very excited. This will be my 3rd laser!

Awesome, Looking to see more bad-ass builds.. Replied your PM with the LPM info aswell! :beer:

Sweet. Does that mean SBA will have my host soon?

What do you mean by JAD orders will need to wait? Did you not ship those ones or do you just mean SBA has to put them together for you/us before shipping?

sinner

Yes the tracking says its delivered to SBA 11:05am, now all orders will be on their way :wave:

What do you mean by JAD orders will need to wait? Did you not ship those ones or do you just mean SBA has to put them together for you/us before shipping?

Just to make sure they are working as they should be, Sort of a quality assurance at SBA's end :)

Last edited:

Yes the tracking says its delivered to SBA 11:05am, now all orders will be on their way :wave:

Just to make sure they are working as they should be, Sort of a quality assurance at SBA's end :)
Ok awesome! So SBA has the hosts as we speak and just needs to test the jad kits b4 shipping? Sweet, looks like I'll be lasing by this weekend! Thx m8, I'll be sure to take arrival picks and document the build into a review thread! I'll have to send it off to sum1 to be lpmd of course but....

Last edited: