Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New single mode 520nm diode from Sharp

Hi all,

just found this and want to share it with you:

https://www.reddit.com/r/MVIS/comments/8rkboa/sharp_increases_green_laser_output_4x_targets_ai/

It is the 520nm diode that was on Sharps website for ages, and marked as "under development". It will output 130mW (this is the spec from the datasheet), but we all know that these can be driven at multiple of this rating :wave:

Here is a picture with the new and the "old" 515nm diode:

180613sharp_p5b.jpg

Can't wait to see the first beam shots here in the forum!

Singlemode

Gazen

Thanks for the share. Fitting that a member with the name "Singlemode Laser" would share a new singlemode diode :D

Not as unique as the cheap cyan diodes that recently came out, but it's still nice to have a new diode.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link, Singlemode. I am always interested in new laser diodes. Though this is not a new wavelength, it is new from Sharp. ;)

+ Rep.

Last edited:
Thanx for the news ! This LD will warrant a new EDC build. :drool: Hmmm....No " Quincy Magoo " corrective optics...therefore....small !!! Likely drive to 200~250 mW ???

Any link to info ?? Jordan....add another one to the stable ??? :whistle::whistle:

Thanx again
CDBEAM

GSS

What have I got to lose by asking:eek:
Is this Sharps 130mw rating which can be pushed much much much higher like we usually do with all diodes ?

Last edited:
well those are good news as all of the low powered single mode sharp diodes that we had till now could safely pushed up to 2 or even 3 times above the rated power. who wouldn't like a great single mode 300mw 520nm laser? :)

Interesting news about a Sharp RGB diode. Is there any new information about the ones made by Sumitomo ? IIRC it was extremely hard to find any affordable drivers. Thanks and Please Take Care. :D

-cd

I'm hoping that we will be able to buy these at a discount for quantities. I would love to have a ~520nm single mode laser at 300 mW, but that remains to be seen at this point. Could PBS cube combine two for about half a watt of decent divergence.