Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New Silver RPL Cap Mod!

jayrob

Man, the new silver RPL's are so awesome!

I did a cap mod on my new one and just have to show it off... Just because it looks so purty! :D

RPL%20Cap%20Silver.jpg

This RPL 375 goes over 450mW's! I have my power sticker labeled '400mW - 200mW' because one click of the knob to the right is my warm up position - 200mW's. And one click to the left (from the off position), is my highest setting...

Details on how the modification is shown here: This is the same cap mod I showed here:
http://laserpointerforums.com/laser_pointer_forums_3/forum/showthread.php?t=26407

Only this time, I had to make the knob out of a piece of aluminum, so that it would match the new silver RPL. Also, I didn't need the 4 'spacer' washers shown in the thread linked above...
Jay

P.S. This new RPL has a 15 position pot on the tail cap! It's more than just a pot. There are several tiny resistors in conjunction with the adjuster. As marked on the certificate that Jack sent with the unit, the optimum position for this RPL is #15. (1 click to the left from the off position)

Click here to see my list of projects and tutorials! :)

Last edited:

Kenom

That truly is BEAUTIFUL.  That's it, setup a cot, I'm moving into your garage~! I'm getting sick of seeing all these mods second hand. I'd much rather be there for it!

jayrob

:) Come on over Ken! You design them, and I'll try to fabricate them...
Jay

Last edited:

ABM

Should I just buy a 300 MW or pay you 750 to build one?

Alan

jayrob

I'm not selling complete builds, but I do sell build kits:

Green - http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1232226720/0

Blu-ray or Red - http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1231664443/0

But if you want a 'top shelf' green laser, Optotronics is one of the best there is. Jack has great customer service too! He also has an upgrade policy! :)

Here's his site... Tell him you are a member of LPF and he will most likely give you a discount. Tell him jayrob sent you...
http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1231664443/0
Jay

vcw

Do you think you can do more mods? :D
I want a aperture cap with a large lens in the front, so I can easily clean it without opening it.
Also, where can I get one of those tail caps?
I ordered 2 tail caps from Carter, but he forgot to send one, :\

jayrob

Hmmm... not sure if the ones that pseudo has are the same barrel size and threads as Optotronics...

I have a similar laser from another company, and the caps are not interchangeable with my RPL.

As far as the final lens, with my RPL the final lens is glued in place and I would not even think of trying to re-locate it. I would say, that you would hardly ever have to clean it if you were careful to close the sliding aperture cover when not in use...
Jay

vcw

I usually close the aperture cap, but I'm afraid it might open when being transported.

vcw

Carter said the Prometheus are of the same model as the Optotronics RPL.

jayrob

(No longer for sale)

Is your RPL style laser black or silver? If it is black, I have an extra adjustable cap that has the 'cap mod' shown here in this thread. I would sell it for $45 dollars plus $3 dollars shipping.

I have dots at the 'off' position, and at position #4. This is a 9 position adjuster. The newer ones are 15 position.

This is for an Optotronics RPL. So if it doesn't work for your laser, then the buyer will have a cap that they will have to sell. Because I am telling everybody up front that it is for an RPL.

RPL cap1.jpg

RPL cap2.jpg

Jay

P.S. This will be 'first come, first serve'.