Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

new phone!!

Actually the iPhone has a responsive touch screen when u type,you have to jailbreak it first.

And the iPhone/iPod has like around 300,000 apps,google it

spensa

If you need to hack something for a simple function to work correctly it was not designed correctly. Plus I ment the touch is hard to type on, I never tried the iphone
Okay it has quite a few apps. How many are good? How many are duplicates? I would put a number on the amount of windows mobile apps, but because it is not a closed platform like the iphone so you cannot count all of them out on the web.

If you need to hack something for a simple function to work correctly it was not designed correctly.

God has spoken.

Writing on an iPhone is like trying to shoot into the Death Star with a TIE Fighter, it's just too hard and you will make many mistakes even if you have lots of practice.

ska8r411 said:
[quote author=happytomato link=1230430188/0#7 date=1230500863]I'm sorry. iPhones < WinMo

LMAO I beg to differ!!!

1.Iphone is the top selling smartphone of 08
2. 3rd Party Apps
3.most advanced touchscreen yet invented and implemented into a phone

Those are only a few reasons that they are better!

Lets hear about winmo?[/quote]

1.Iphone is the top selling smartphone of 08 <--Because of marketing, not quality.
2. 3rd Party Apps <--WinMo has just as many if not more.
3.most advanced touchscreen yet invented and implemented into a phone <--Useless gimmick TBH. Still, not to do with OS quality.

Windows mobile:
1. Has a wide range of apps, many more than the iPhone, also many iPhone apps are useless (http://digg.com/apple/Apple_s_App_Store_Passes_the_10,000_App_Milestone)
2. Not restricted to Apples app policy, developers can release what they want.
3. MMS
4. Copy & Paste
5. EASILY customisable
6. Has a thriving hacker community that Microsoft make NO attemp to crush.
7. System isn't bogged down with stupid GFX
8. Doesn't have a screen that cracks after one drop.
9. Your phone doesn't become outdated untill it is REALLY ancient.
10. You don't become an AppleF@g when you buy Microsoft products.
11. Doesn't need jailbreaking.
12. Not stupidly overpriced.
13. You don't need to activate your WinMo.

....just a few

iewed

I dislike Apple to the core ( ::))

I've been thinking about getting a new phone, any suggestions on an unlocked <$150 phone from eBay?

iewed said:
I dislike Apple to the core ( ::))

I've been thinking about getting a new phone, any suggestions on an unlocked <$150 phone from eBay?
I just bought an HTC Universal for £99 of ebay. It's an old phone but it's specs were so high when it was released they are still perfectly good now. Sadly, they are quite a rare find these days.
Also, take a look at the HTC Wizard, and the HTC Hermes. They are all good and I think they all have a free unlock program.

I dont think the iPhone is the best phone out there at all. But I do feel it was the best phone for me.

Camera? I already have a nice one... I dont need an uber one on my phone

The touch screen is fine with me. It took me about a day to get used to it and now I can type on the keyboard as fast as I could do T9 on my other phone, which is pretty damn quick.

I didn't need a phone with super awesome capabilities and features, I wanted something that could browse the internet almost as good as I can at home, which it does.

There are better phones out there if that's what you need, but for me the iPhone was the best. My 2 years was up so it only cost me $200, which is less than some of the other "advanced" phones would have cost me.

It does everything I need it to do though, and I like it a lot :cool:

ska8r411 said:
[quote author=happytomato link=1230430188/0#7 date=1230500863]I'm sorry. iPhones < WinMo

LMAO I beg to differ!!!

1.Iphone is the top selling smartphone of 08
2. 3rd Party Apps
3.most advanced touchscreen yet invented and implemented into a phone

Those are only a few reasons that they are better!

Lets hear about winmo?[/quote]
I dont even know where to start on windows mobile.
www.xda-developers.com
The largest windows mobile forum.

There is so much you can do with windows mobile. It's been around for so long there are countless apps available for it. With windows mobile you can upgrade it, and even flash different roms. People have already run early versions of MacOS on windows mobile, Linux, Windows 95, Windows 98, WindowsME, and recently... running Google Android.

My AT&T Tilt (Htc Kaiser) Has a slideout keyboard, and an onscreen keyboard. Since it's windows mobile, I can install any design of keyboard I want, I have one that looks identical to the iphone. I also have a nice little program that basically emulates the iphone, I run it, and it brings up what appears to be the OS of an iphone. I also have the Slide2Unlock app.
I'm also not stuck with just 1 internet browser, I've gone through a few, more than I can count, but my favorite has to be Opera Mobile.
I also have a youtube app just like the one on the iphone.

The iphone camera isnt all that good, only 2mp, doesn't even have autofocus.
My phone has a 3.1mp camera with autofocus, and I can plug it into my computer and use it as a webcam.
As far as GPS, I have many choices for Navigation software... Google Maps, TomTom, iGO, Mio, Garmin, Route66... a few more.. I prefer to use iGO.

Sure the iphone is the #1 top selling phone of 2008, but isn't all of apple's products? When they advertise they just don't give up. It's sad that people think the iphone was the first ever touchscreen phone, the first ever internet phone, the first ever youtube phone, the first ever phone to play music (yes... that's how out of the loop some people are)

The iphone is fine for people who want it for what it does, but I don't think it should be looked at as the greatest phone, there is much more out there.
As far as hardware, I think symbian beats everyone! Symbian phones now have 5mp camera, and even 8mp! Symbian has always had the lead on hardware... fastest processing power, best camera, and they've had FM radio for the longest time...

haha Niko's comparison chart is funny (maddox ftw), but here is a real chart. I Picked out 2 Windows mobile phones, 2 Nokia phones (Symbian), and the iphone:

http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=pdacomparer&id1=1329&id2=1306&id3=969&id4=1616&id5=1445

I got an HTC Touch for Christmas. I hate it! Lots of problems. Including it doesn't vibrate when it's asleep. Now that's annoying.

dvdg101 said:
I got an HTC Touch for Christmas. I hate it! Lots of problems. Including it doesn't vibrate when it's asleep. Now that's annoying.
yeah I'll have to admit, stock roms suck. If we were to compare the stock iphone vs. most stock windows mobile devices, the iphone wins. However dvdg101, visit xda-developers and you'l find lots of better roms available for your touch, in fact.. here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=374
If you are interested in upgrading make sure to read the instructions on how to do so.

lol just found another comparison chart:
atgaaad2ncopg4tcl0gjf4zdj6.jpg