Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

new - need some help

Hi everyone. I figured I'd look on the wonderful internets for some experts to help me with a project I am working on.

First,
Can anyone point me towards a vendor or help me figure out the laser diode that is used in this pic
MyE11_101.JPG

I spent about an hour scouring ebay and other electronic websites trying to find out where I can get my hand on a few of these

Any help would be appreciated

Zeebit

Its hard to find out what it is without some more info. What wavelength (color) is the output? What do you want to use it for?

It will be used for a prop. These silver pipes are around 3/8" and when assembled I need the tips to be visible. Here is what the piece looks like assembled:
MyE11_103.JPG

I am not knowledgeable on lasers, but as this is to mimic a laser sight (so far throw and bright) any other info would be much appreciated.

I can also find other sizes of pipe....just want to stay as close as I can to the prop size

**red is the desired output for color as well.

Last edited:

norbyx

So you want us to find you the same laser as in the picture??? That is easy.... there is a tool in the internet that is called google... once you learn how to use it, you get many answers out of it....

BTW welcome to the forum... I loved you introduction...

as stated in my first post....I did try to use google (several searches actually). I am unable to find the laser diode in the first pic so I am hoping to get some help from this community.

I appreciate any leads or advice in something you'd recommend.

that is what I was afraid of speedy. I thought there may be diodes that someone has seen with that end....that is the key issue I am not able to get around. I can fabricate this, however would much rather purchase as a single piece to the diode if at all possible.

Any more leads!?!?

I am not sure...these are pictures that I am trying to find parts to replicate the build. I think I may have to fabricate the skinny end which was something I was trying to avoid.

**since it looks like I will have to fabricate the housing of the laser can I ask for some assistance with the specs of the diode?! I have notice a TON of variances and not quite sure where to start:

here are my problems:
- must be smaller than 3/8 (size of the housing)
- must be a red laser
- this is only for a prop (pretend laser sight)
- hooking up to a battery source (still testing what I am using, but 7.4 and 12 volts will be needed I am sure)

just a quick ebay search and found these....am I on the right or wrong track here??
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/10pcs-lot-65...LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19dc89d0fd&_uhb=1

Last edited:
those brass modules are way smaller than what is in your picture
the two cylinders in the middle of the sight are probably aixiz modules with focusing adjusters on the end of them.

What I linked you has a driver as well. Try going to the hardware store and seeing what kind of tubing ylu can gwt there. Mighr be able to reproduce it with somwthing like that.