Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

new ndg525-nugm525

i just found this on ebay today and i think its real as its listed from a trusted seller.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/to9-tin-pin-nichia-525nm-1w-high-power-laser-diode-w-ball-lens/263691115473

on the discription has both names ndg525 and nugm525 so i don't know witch is true.(i think the nugm525 as the nugmxx part always refering to diodes with gball can)

it claims to be a 525nm 1w diode that its pretty interesting if those diode have higher wavelengh,i imagine some of them could hit 528nm+ especially if overdriven :drool:

another interesting part is the price which is preety good and also those look new from the factory and not extracted from projectors.

if i had a spectrometer i would definetly get one for testing but without it i can't tell much before someone here test it out.

edit:after a better look it looks to be extracted from something but its not having the common soldering that we see latelty on projector diodes.something look different

very interesting year for our beloved hobby don't you agree?:D

Last edited:

i just found this on ebay today and i think its real as its listed from a trusted seller.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/to9-tin-pin-nichia-525nm-1w-high-power-laser-diode-w-ball-lens/263691115473

on the discription has both names ndg525 and nugm525 so i don't know witch is true.(i think the nugm525 as the nugmxx part always refering to diodes with gball can)

it claims to be a 525nm 1w diode that its pretty interesting if those diode have higher wavelengh,i imagine some of them could hit 528nm+ especially if overdriven :drool:

another interesting part is the price which is preety good and also those look new from the factory and not extracted from projectors.

if i had a spectrometer i would definetly get one for testing but without it i can't tell much before someone here test it out.

edit:after a better look it looks to be extracted from something but its not having the common soldering that we see latelty on projector diodes.something look different

very interesting year for our beloved hobby don't you agree?:D

Why drool over 528 nm when it's only 4 nm from 532 nm?

Sanwu sells that wavelength at lesser output

There may be a shift from center at 520 to 525nm, but the thing about the " Refurbished " diodes is they are pulled from used equipment, that is projectors and replaceable projector light engine blocks that have enough hours of use that the output has fallen resulting in the need for replacement.

Also the diodes are designed with headroom so the drive current can be increased with aging, this is one reason we can overdrive new diodes by such a wide margin, I'm sure the large projectors track the hours and have a recommended replacement interval, 20,000 hours or maybe less ????

As we like to overdrive our diodes it's more important for us to buy " NEW " pulls from zero hour ( other than test time ) equipment.

Large projector replaceable cores could be obtained and harvested for " NEW " diodes that would be just fine, but " refurbished " ..... well I would be interested in seeing some performance testing of these used diodes, if you do buy them I would recommend driving at reduced power.

12193-replacablecore.jpg

Yeah, this isn't something I would be interested in. I don't buy "refurbished" diodes and since it has a ball lens, I would want it decanned. Not worth it to me.

80 dollars for 1.8 amps/1 watt out of 525? If these diodes are not pulls from equipment with a lot of hours on them, I'm interested. I emailed Robinson asking that question and if he could give me a higher resolution data sheet, but he only sent the data sheet:

i don't think this are pulled from any heavily hour equipment as those are new diodes on the market,as of now we have only seen the 1w greens on projectors so those could be pulled from some newer projector.

In this ad > https://www.ebay.com/itm/to9-tin-pin-nichia-525nm-1w-high-power-laser-diode-w-ball-lens/263691115473

They are listed as NEW, so maybe these are new, I know he sells the 01/02 as NEW and REFURBISHED, for some reason I thought the ad I read before said refurbished but I did not take a screen shot so I don't know.

But as the ad says NEW then I would expect them to be NEW....funny I could swear it said REFURBISHED before.... I could have imagined it but that's something I usually look at as I bid on a lot, I have some GBalls on the way right now, both green and blue, but the other issue is the divergence, if the spot is quarter square to half square and in the 1/2 inch by 1.5 inch long at 15 feet or less range then it will look good with a 3XBE, just leave the GBall intact in a 12mm copper module and use an emptied out 3 element M9 x 0.5 threaded barrel to connect the BE with the coupler.

Last edited: