Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New Mitsubishi diode 2.1 W, 639 nm

I think it would be a cool laser to knife edge two of them together, maybe even PBS cube combine them, would be an awesome multi-beam pointer :)

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I would say are you up to it, but you by far have enough projects on the go. :p

Ha, not me, not any time soon... I'm already buried in parts for future projects, idiot I am buying so much instead of saving every buck out here.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Yes I know. You are like me. What can I buy now. :p
No, try not to buy anymore laser parts unless it truly is a unmissable bargain. ;)

You could re-combine the two output beams, and correct them. But would it be worth it? Probably not. You'd be better off just combining two separate diodes

Well, of course it could be done, but it would be an incredible hassle. I suppose I should watch the way I put things as they seem to be taken too literally. I can't think of anyone here that would even attempt this. It would be cheaper and far easier to combine two ML501P73 diodes than to do all that would be necessary to combine two beams from this single diode.

diachi

Well, of course it could be done, but it would be an incredible hassle. I suppose I should watch the way I put things as they seem to be taken too literally. I can't think of anyone here that would even attempt this. It would be cheaper and far easier to combine two ML501P73 diodes than to do all that would be necessary to combine two beams from this single diode.

Yeah, figured you might have meant that.

Not practical, large space requirement, high cost, too many components. Agreed, as per my last post, combining two lower powered single emitter diodes would be far more practical.

Could couple each beam (from each emitter) into PM fiber and combine with a PBS, that's probably one of the less complicated ways to do it but you'd see significant power losses and potentially rather fat output beams (Although they'd be round/homogenized).

Last edited:

jors

According to this data (see below, bottom table and second paragraph at the top), the G85 is dual emitter? I had originally thought it'd be single emitter going off of other specs and available info, but this information contradicts that.

ZMS7PWB.jpg

I asked Mitsu and You're right, 2 emitters :(