Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

New Mini LOC Labby

Meatball

I made new labby style red.

The goal was to make it as small as possible, and run at long duty cycles while staying cool.

I've also been known to use RCA connectors in previous builds, so I thought I would keep that tradition up. After all, why not? They allow for different 12V power sources!

Anyways, I like having the beam closer to the surface I'm working on. Plus it burns like a champ at 416mA!

Here are the results...

Notice used Aixis focus rings for the air intakes on the side. I can't testify to how this actually helps the running temperature of the diode, but it seems to stay comfortably cool after about five minutes of use!

Anyways, enjoy!

-Tyler

Hemlock_Mike

Neat Idea using ported air inlets. Hard to tell how much air gets in through them but that is a nice heatsink.
Good work.
HMike

Meatball

Thanks guys!

I've tried flowing a little bit of fog around the laser while it was running, and the fog that got close enough, sure enough got sucked through!

That little 1" radioshack fan spins quickly and quietly.

For $12, I'm impressed with it!

mfo

Banned
Nice little build you got there! Next you should try combining two diodes inside of that box with a cube...