Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New laserlands 510nm pointer pen

Reactions: GSS

I won a bid on a LaserLands 520nm laser sometime ago for $17.00. I measured it on my USB2000 and it was almost right on the money 510nm. If you are interested in anything they sell on eBay, check their website as it will be cheaper there. The link is: www.laserlands.net.

Last edited:
I won a bid on a LaserLands 520nm laser sometime ago for $17.00. I measured it on my USB2000 and it was almost right on the money 510nm. If you are interested in anything thet sell on eBay, check their website as it will be cheaper there. The link is: www.laserlands.net.

Alright thanks, it is $2 cheaper on their website. Is 510nm noticeably different from 520nm or almost the same?

If you look at them side by side, I can see the difference. But, just to look at.....no, it is a pure green color. Far less yellow in it than a 532nm laser.

If you look at them side by side, I can see the difference. But, just to look at.....no, it is a pure green color. Far less yellow in it than a 532nm laser.

Okay awesome, thanks for your help Paul. :san:

I saw these just the other day. I'm tempted to get one since they are only $20 for a low powered 510nm laser, but unsure how reliable laserland is when it comes to the build quality and the lifetime of the diode.

Update: While telling my brother about this laser I realized I really want one. So I bit the bullet and mine should be here in the next few weeks :D

Last edited:
I saw these just the other day. I'm tempted to get one since they are only $20 for a low powered 510nm laser, but unsure how reliable laserland is when it comes to the build quality and the lifetime of the diode.

its a typical laser pen I have a few of those, I had my oldest purple one for over 5 years and messed with it a lot like unscrewing the focus and trying to break in the module and its still working lol, none of the laser pens I own have died yet, but that's just me. Good luck with your new laser pen, I might get one too.

Last edited:
Ultracrepidarian, thank you for letting me know.

Join me, and together, we can rule the galaxy (with our 510nm pens!) ;)

I pot modded mine by carefully drilling a hole over the pot then covered it with clear heat shrink. ( Don't get any cuttings on the board. )

Mine is holding up just fine, it takes 2 x 16340's NEGATIVE end of the battery towards the front, POSITIVE end of the battery towards the tail cap, but make sure yours is the same.

It is a slightly different color than my 520's by a little and that's cool, I like it and it has a very tight point far field, I did adjust the focus all the way down tight because of thread slack and I reached in the front with a screwdriver and set the lens at an infinity focus that it now holds well, it also accepts the 3X beam expander. But with just the standard lens the Osram 510 makes a nice tight dot.

58640d1514875300-new-laserlands-510nm-pointer-pen-sany1156.jpg

58641d1514875300-new-laserlands-510nm-pointer-pen-sany1178.jpg

58642d1514876303-new-laserlands-510nm-pointer-pen-sany1147.jpg

58643d1514876303-new-laserlands-510nm-pointer-pen-sany1197.jpg

----EDIT----

I just saw your looking at the pen type, HERE's the focusable type, but I might get a pen type too. https://www.ebay.com/itm/5mW-520nm-...927689?hash=item56926ee189:g:R5wAAOSwlXhZacfb

Attachments

• SANY1156.JPG
    SANY1156.JPG
    174.3 KB · Views: 356
  • SANY1178.JPG
    SANY1178.JPG
    168 KB · Views: 379
  • SANY1147.JPG
    SANY1147.JPG
    191.8 KB · Views: 338
  • SANY1197.JPG
    SANY1197.JPG
    161.6 KB · Views: 360
Last edited:
Reactions: GSS
My LaserLands 520nm has a nice tight focus end with not a bit of slop. Funny how they apparently don't do QC, or much of it. I thought about pot modding mine, then decided against it when it measured 510nm as it was. I suppose I could change my mind later, but I like it as it is. I had to take the tail cap switch apart to repair it as it was open and I won it on a bid of $17.00 which the seller would only refund if I shipped it back. I asked them to send me a new tail cap, but they wouldn't do that. IIRC, I got a $2.00 discount for repairing it, but eBay took me off their site, so I can't buy from them there. I don't care as their store website is cheaper. You can buy that laser there for $22.00.

Last edited:
I like the diode, I like the color and the nice tight dot far field. The host is wasteful of space to make it longer, but I also won mine at auction for about the same price so it's a bargain, but the way it's heat sink is glued in I would have to peel it to get it out, then press the tiny diode out, remove the driver, ......I will just enjoy it as is.

The pen unit looks nice and I could see building a super compact with the diode later, for late night pointing I like something tight and just bright enough for me to enjoy, I don't want to draw attention, my multi watt blues I don't use for pointing, but this little diode is great for pointing. ( Safely and legally ) of course.

Last edited:
my multi watt blues I don't use for pointing, but this little diode is great for pointing. ( Safely and legally ) of course.

I'm waiting for my 1.8W diode from DTR to ship to me so i can build a burning pen.

As much as I want to burn things, I only have one extra set of laser goggles, so I can only show the laser to one person at a time :(

Hence why I decided to order the 510nm pen, so i can show others without worrying about melting their eye sockets and have a different wavelength than the conventional green diodes :D

I like the diode, I like the color and the nice tight dot far field. The host is wasteful of space to make it longer, but I also won mine at auction for about the same price so it's a bargain, but the way it's heat sink is glued in I would have to peel it to get it out, then press the tiny diode out, remove the driver, ......I will just enjoy it as is.

The pen unit looks nice and I could see building a super compact with the diode later, for late night pointing I like something tight and just bright enough for me to enjoy, I don't want to draw attention, my multi watt blues I don't use for pointing, but this little diode is great for pointing. ( Safely and legally ) of course.

Yeah I want the pen unit because of its size, I already have a big host with a weak 50mw 520nm module that produces 25mw, I bought it back when 520nm were still a bit more rare. Is it true that if the laser is really powerful the wavelength goes a bit up? Its a bit noticeable with my 1 watt 520nm PL-E Mini and I heard same thing about the 465nm/470nm 4 watt Sanwu lasers.

I'm waiting for my 1.8W diode from DTR to ship to me so i can build a burning pen.

As much as I want to burn things, I only have one extra set of laser goggles, so I can only show the laser to one person at a time :(

Hence why I decided to order the 510nm pen, so i can show others without worrying about melting their eye sockets and have a different wavelength than the conventional green diodes :D

I have a bunch of cheap goggles that I got along with my lasers, I need an eagle pair or something equally reliable. :yh:

Not all diodes will increase noticeably in wavelength with power increases. The NDB7675 is a rare exception that will increase in wavelength with increases in current. Most greens don't shift by much at all. Many reds do, but they aren't that noticeable to your eyes.

Not all diodes will increase noticeably in wavelength with power increases. The NDB7675 is a rare exception that will increase in wavelength with increases in current. Most greens don't shift by much at all. Many reds do, but they aren't that noticeable to your eyes.

Oh alright thanks for the info.