Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New laser drivers designed by me.

Giannis_TDM

Update: 3A buck is tested and done with an output ripple of only 20mV!
20201028_044732.jpg

After seeing such good results I am going to run a batch of it for sale around December. Huge thanks to Zenodilodon and his friend adam for testing them.

Last edited:

Giannis_TDM

Ill be happy to make an order. Might wait for the Boost and then a combined purchase. Top work G +1 (y):D
You'd have to wait a bit, around Christmas cause I simply don't have cash laying around to order the components and PCBs. Also, do you have an idea of how many you are planning to buy? That way I could see exactly how much money I would need. The price per unit for the Bucks is 20 euros and for the boosts 22. I am offering a discount for quantities above 5 that are -1 to each driver Ex= unit price 20 euros x5 = -5 euros discount 10 = -2 euros 20 -3 till a max of 5 for 50. for the 400mA boosts price per unit is 18 euros.

Hi G,
Glad to see it coming along, yes funds are the main ingredient here, when your ready im in for some buck or boost.
I will suggest a go fund me page for the drivers. It a great thing to have a member to step up to do this for the forum.
It would be great if all of us can chip in for the cause. to get this to fly..
Rich:)

Giannis_TDM

Tbh Rich, the idea seems appealing but In my opinion, this is not something that I should start a go fund me about, Simply because there are people in there who really need cash for their medical expenses or surgery and I would feel bad to make a go fund me just to give me some money so I can prototype faster... I can accept any donations in any cryptocurrency, I will be grateful for any amount people give me. I prefer crypto cause I am not old enough yet to have a personal PayPal account. If anyone wants to donate here are some coins that I can accept:
XRP adress: r4BAnHS1WKCHLDvi2RSe9ciDioA6D7PNqM (no destination tag required)
ETC: 0xFd6e546a0b5D923f6bA6eDb34C40b81886a83c9a
BTC: bc1qcsqhhadq0vh6j9y3dfumtadvgrdfwkuu65juvu
Any amount donated above 30$ entitles you to a driver of your choosing when it becomes available.

Giannis_TDM

Hi G,
Glad to see it coming along, yes funds are the main ingredient here, when your ready im in for some buck or boost.
I will suggest a go fund me page for the drivers. It a great thing to have a member to step up to do this for the forum.
It would be great if all of us can chip in for the cause. to get this to fly.
Tested the red bank drake sent me with my driver 1 row @1,26A
IMG_20201029_202040.jpg
IMG_20201029_201033.jpg

IMG_20201029_201035.jpg

Hi,
I think the forum should support these drivers when available , Giannis is going all out to supply us with other choices. He is a plus to our community . its up to us to step up to the plate for encouragement of his product.
Rich:)

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
We need tests of these as well as supply

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
We need other members to confirm your testing. I'm ready to throw some money at ya but I need to see some other testing by a few other members here. I think that will do you good as well. You could be the next lazeerer, at least I hope you are.

Giannis_TDM

@Lifetime17 Initial tests done, We are getting 2A and 2.85A respectively, Are those values ok with you? Or do you want me to try cherry picking resistors to get the presice values you chose? As explained in the PMs1 I didnt have proper senses in stock but ill try my best so get you as close as possible.

Last edited:

Giannis_TDM

unknown.png

Peak to peak voltage ripple for the 2.85A set
unknown.png

Peak to peak voltage ripple for the 2A set. Tests done with a vin in of 8.2v

Hi Giannis,

On the picture with red MDP (Multi Dye Package) what is the total voltage to drive the row?
Can your booster drive a row of NUBM31? What are the voltage/current limits of your booster driver? I read the thread but did not find these data.

Giannis_TDM

Hi Giannis,

On the picture with red MDP (Multi Dye Package) what is the total voltage to drive the row?
Can your booster drive a row of NUBM31? What are the voltage/current limits of your booster driver? I read the thread but did not find these data.
Hi, For that pic I am using my 3A buck driver, voltage required for the red array is only 12-13v. My boosts are limited to 1A max, Which is quite high considering its size 7mm x 12.8mm