Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New Kit Available!! IMAGE HEAVY

Re: New 445nm Kit Available!! IMAGE HEAVY

Sorry for snapping too. I just don't want anyone thinking that i am doing anything even remotely against any FDA regulations. My work is now strictly on the lathe....i don't even own a multimeter haha. I had to have dr.lava set my driver for me. I take them very seriously nowadays. After your post I had thought about calling daniel hewitt regarding the issue, but the last time i spoke with him on the phone he wasn't very friendly......

I didn't think you were snappy.

Since you have a lathe have you considered machining beam expanders and adapters for the pen and specifically this style laser housing ? You could base your design from the ground up or from this with modifications. You could just provide the housing not the lenses.

Laser Accessories- Optics scroll down page

alphaseriesproductandlogo22.jpg

Please help me, I have some Driver understanding problems.

I used to work with this driver: Adjustable laser diode driver circuit(assembled)Red or Blu-ray! - $15.99 : Modwerx Shop
which has a voltage drop of 2,25 volt

Now you use a Microboost Driver - doesnt that thing have a voltage drop too?
How high is the voltage output of the battery you use?
And on what voltage are you running the diode?

Please help me, I have some Driver understanding problems.

I used to work with this driver: Adjustable laser diode driver circuit(assembled)Red or Blu-ray! - $15.99 : Modwerx Shop
which has a voltage drop of 2,25 volt

Now you use a Microboost Driver - doesnt that thing have a voltage drop too?
How high is the voltage output of the battery you use?
And on what voltage are you running the diode?

that driver is the rkcstr microdrive.

the output of the battery is 4.25v when fully charged, the driver is a boost drive, So the drivers output is higher than the batteries output.
I don't remember the exact specs, just check out the driver's webpage for that.

Nice build. The only flaw I can see though is your diode doesn't appear to be pressed in all the way. heh.

which isn't really required with a these lens. I'm not sure, but i doubt that having it recessed instead of flush will provide any more heat sinking. unless you want to count that beveled surface area at the tip top.

I did try to get it down in there with the limited tools i had. I guess i could of just built a diode press tool on the lathe but i was in a hurry lol.