Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New High Power, AR Lenses for the Aixiz Module

themandalorian;

Most low power green modules have the lens mounted in a fixed focus.

As you go up in power, you will see some adjustable lens assemblies.

Misterwilling is working on a green laser with one of the Hi-Power lens assemblies.

LarryDFW

Oh I'm sorry. If I'm spending a few hundred from a green laser from o-like, would this be fixed? I hope not

yEAH

The O-like modules have one lens glued to the module, and another lens in an adjustable mount that is glued in place once focused. It would be very difficult to change focus without a custom made assembly and some tweeking.
I have seen no need to change the focus on any of my green. They are all so bright there is no point. Divergence is kinda high but I'm not using mine long distance so no problem for me. They still go very far just a bigger dot on long distances. And I am not trying to burn anything with my green, I leave that to my reds and blu-rays.

themandalorian;

If the lens adjusts, a better lens assembly is possible.

This one is focusable and should burn well....

200mw Green

and it uses a more powerful #18650 battery.

LarryDFW

Last edited:
themandalorian;

I have a Green focusable laser on the way for lens assembly testing.

I want to see how much power increase the lens assembly provides.

I also expect the beam to be smaller.

LarryDFW

suiraM

There is no need to focus a green for burning. You want an add-on lens for that instead. Instead of going from a 0.5W laser to a 10W laser, you can go from a 10µm spot to a 1µm spot, and the cost of getting the better spot size is nowhere near the cost of bumping the power of the laser that much.

Ever better singlet lenses for diodes are neat, but for burning, a compound lens is best. It's expensive, but so is getting more power. If you don't want to fork over for a pro lens, there is always the option of trying a microscope objective (at least 10x; plan, achromat or plan achromat). And there may be people here offering ready made compound lenses.

Thanks! Although if larry could offer a tighter beam and more power I can't complain :)

This is the news I was waiting for though thanks larry

suiraM

A plan fluorite should do a decent job, per se, since the field is supposed to be very flat, and 532nm is pretty close to the design center wavelength for the chromatic aberration compensation. I believe a 10x might be a little bit on the light side, but it's worth a try.

If you decide to pick up another objective based on the results, go for an infinity corrected plan achromat dry objective. Shorter working distances usually translate into the objective using additional meniscus lenses on the end your beam will exit, which will translate into a lower effective f/#, better focusing and shorter distance to the focal point.

Additional benefit can be had from picking up a pair of lenses to expand the beam to fill about one third of the aperture of the microscope objective. Anchor optics has a series of good achromatic doublets (incl. negative achromats) in the experimental grade part of their site. Just make sure you get the first grade ones. CVI Melles Griot has a PDF that is equipped with all the formulas you need to design a beam expander. The shortest one is the negative-positive combo, but if you can't find a good match of lenses, the other one is more flexible in that regard.

I may decide to work on a dedicated head for burning with greenies, if my interest in optics sticks for long enough to do a good job of it. A group buy might bring the price down significantly. Don't hold your breath, though. I'm not always able to retain focus on more than one thing at a time, and the principal focus atm is in ophthamology.

larry how are u u got what i want how do i get one of thoes brass and glass lenz for the blue ray aixiz mod thanks the plastic ones keep striping out thanks brian

cleanroomjunky;

I am doing fine; working on a 6X BR with a new driver.

The plastic Aixiz lenses are robbing you of 30% of the laser diode power.

If you want one of the Hi-Power "no spring" lens assemblies,
PM to me for the PayPal address.
They are $59.95 ea. prepaid in the cont. U.S.

I am also testing the Hi-Power lens assembly out in a focusable green laser.

LarryDFW

Hey larry I realize i noted my excitement in another thread but how long do you think it would take for you to test? Man I'm sure a shitload of people want that.

hi larry how do i pm u i dont under stand or see where that is sorry bout that i am new to this site some help would be great yes i want at least 1 for now thanks brian

Click on his name, a list should drop down and then you will see something that talks about a private message, click that and wala