Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New here & looking to aquire a few lasers

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to drop a quick post here to get started.

I'm looking to increase my laser pointer collection. I've only one pointer (nothing special) it being a red pointer one of my professors gave me in college years ago.

My main exposure to lasers was during my time working as a house photographer for a huge House / Trance / Drum & Bass nightclub in Washington DC called NATION which has since been torn down. I worked with a laser display company called P.A.W.N. Lasers & photographed many of their light patterns they produced with their custom laser rig. On several occasions I was able to see the internal workings of the box & was amazed at what I was seeing even though I didn't understand one bit of it. I was impressed at how it was cooled by constant running water from regular water hoses running into & out of the box.

I'm aspiring to build my own rig on a smaller scale with the limited knowledge I have & feel it may actually be possible with the wealth of knowledge from everyone here.

Until I get to that point I'm trying to boost my collection of pointers from the red one my professor gave me to include a Green burner, a blu-ray burner, violet & a yellow one. If anyone has any to sell at a decent price please let me know.

Thank you,

Alfie C. Santos
jumanji1452@aol.com

Green burner and yellow laser of any kind will set ya back very faaar.

For a decent green burning laser, be prepared to cough up at least 200$, and for yellow... well look at youself at LaserGlow or DragonLasers, or WickedLasers if you are not faint hearted.

Proper forum use 101

It is not polite to post a duplicate clone post in two different threads at the same time.

Go back to your welcome post and read what I said there.

Ahh Man!

My Bad.... I'm sorry for the 'clone' post.

I still want to increase my laser pointer repertoire & I'm expecting a big tax return so will have some sort of $$ to play with but I don't want to go too nuts. I was hoping to find a deal from someone here looking to sell some of their stash to upgrade.

Thanks for the advice about e-Bay too. I was looking at a few on there too but didn't like the fact they were coming from China & it seemed really cheap so I got sketched & decided to do some research & found you guys. I attached a link to the e-Bay auction in question below for review by your expertise. I don't mind dropping some $$ on something I know will be worth it!!

532nmUnderwater/Outdoor/Astronomy Green Laser Pointer - eBay (item 170378587074 end time Feb-28-10 23:27:53 PST)

Thank you,

a!

Dude, EVERY laser comes from China.
A forementioned companies like WL, DL or LG are resellers of a company named CNI, you have their banner up there.
Guess where is it located :D

Every laser is from China, it is a question who owns the factory and what is the quality of their products.

The ebay laser linked is supposed to be 50 mW unit , judging from current draw number.

However, you are much more better off buying from a trusted member here, or a company like
O-like.com
Also trusted seller and high quality goods there.

Ash

Ahh Man!

My Bad.... I'm sorry for the 'clone' post.

I still want to increase my laser pointer repertoire & I'm expecting a big tax return so will have some sort of $$ to play with but I don't want to go too nuts. I was hoping to find a deal from someone here looking to sell some of their stash to upgrade.

Thanks for the advice about e-Bay too. I was looking at a few on there too but didn't like the fact they were coming from China & it seemed really cheap so I got sketched & decided to do some research & found you guys. I attached a link to the e-Bay auction in question below for review by your expertise. I don't mind dropping some $$ on something I know will be worth it!!

532nmUnderwater/Outdoor/Astronomy Green Laser Pointer - eBay (item 170378587074 end time Feb-28-10 23:27:53 PST)

Thank you,

a!
Hmm... a USED laser? :crackup:
Good luck with it lasting more than a week. :yabbem:
That laser you linked to is manufactured by Rayfoss / Qualifound in Shenzhen, Guangdong, (southern) China and is (usually) well built.
At that price, I doubt that it is even close to 50mW, and with that low amount of power, you will have a very difficult time (without a magnifying glass) burning anything but a thin plastic bag :mad:.
What you want is at least 100mW, and you want to order from a reputable laser supplier from china to save $.

Okay. So, just so you know, bluray is violet, and you can get them for around $0.70/mW:
405nm 100mW blu-ray pen /adjustable [OLBVL100] - $69.99 : O-Like, Quality Products, Great Prices

A green one that is focusable for burning, will set you back around $1/mW:
Gatlin 100mW green laser /waterproof &adjustable [OLGT100] - $96.99 : O-Like, Quality Products, Great Prices (this is the next laser I am ordering)

A red one will be around $0.25/mW:
New Style red laser 200mW /adjustable [OLNRL200] - $44.99 : O-Like, Quality Products, Great Prices
-oops, you didn't mention a RED burner- :thinking: -scratch that-

Um, for a yellow laser, that won't even burn, you are looking at over $150/mW:
http://www.laserglow.com/GRI <2mW for $300 :crackup:
If you wanted a used one, go to the B/S/T section and ask.? :angel:

And, you didn't ask about turquoise, IR, or other laser colors, so I will stop here.
scared.gif

Nice writeup.

Yeah, you should think twice before buying a yellow laser right away.
You should first try out some standard greenies and reds we've all been through, move up to violets then.
Build them on your own, or buy them premade, it is up to you.

But from my personal experience, building them on your own is much more rewarding, in many ways!