Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New here, looking for a laser for arboricultural work.

TrreeDoc

Hi there! I am an arborist looking for a laser to shine at a trees/limbs/leaves to point things out to my crew and clients, often in bright sunlight. I used to have a 125mW Wicked Lasers green laser that did the job, but it no longer works. I'm looking for something at least that powerful, hopefully a little stronger, that will be easily visible in the day and not break despite light use like the old one. I hope that I can learn here and I hope you all can help me out.

Thank you!

A direct diode laser will be a lot more robust than a dpss and is not as sensitive to temperature as dpss also it won't mode hop like dpss......532nm will be dpss such as the one you had and 505, 515, 520 and 525 will be directs.

Note: The 700mw and 1w directs will produce a rectangle spot but the 50-250mw units make a nice spot that's easily visible, I would avoid the 700-1000mw for use around other people as it can appear excessively bright at dusk and on overcast days.

Sanwu sells directs and dpss so you have a lot to chose from.....of course anything over 5mw must never be shown or reflected into a persons eyes be it dpss or direct and I'm sure you know that but I must say it anyway and any/all liability resulting from commercial use or any use is your responsibility, technically 5mw is the limit for pointers but it's rarely enforced however it's your responsibility to know the law and lase safely.

Last edited:
Hi,
The most visible in daylight would be a 520 or 525nm WL. Great. for locating specific trees and branches in daylight.
I use a build I did for a tree guy to pick out what I need be trimmed or taken down. Or to identify certain types of trees on mt property.
Rich:)

Yes to replace a 125mw 532nm I would go with the 150mw 525nm which IINM uses the Osram single mode 525 and that gives a nice spot, I have one running a DTR G8 and the spot looks nice and tight in the distance.