Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New guy(sort of) wanting to buy/trade lasers!

ZRTMWA

The lowest cost PHR i can make is a 120mW FlexDrive powered laser.

I use fully tested wavelength sorted diodes and will provide full PIV plots for each. I use the top one third of PHRs bz efficiencz abd wavekength for long life and max visibility.

Similar with GGWs where i weed out 15% of the worst.

A PHR would br $150, a GGW wouls be $70 more for a good diode, with double the power...

You can pick a diode from 61 i just plotted or just go with the best PHR I have..

If you wanna trade, something useful would be nice. :yh:

email or PM for more info.

Go back and read the thread IgorT. Or at least make sure you have his money/goods in your hands functioning before you ship anything out to him. I wouldn't even risk it.

i don't think yukino is even checking this forum anymore. His last activity was on september 18th.

man i really don't want to think about this anymore, i guess i'll post a thread in the feedback section and forget about it.

ZRTMWA

i don't think yukino is even checking this forum anymore. His last activity was on september 18th.

man i really don't want to think about this anymore, i guess i'll post a thread in the feedback section and forget about it.

Yeah that's a good idea. Don't let him be the end of your laser hobby though, people have been scammed by worse. I feel like calling the police to go to his house or something but it all seems so futile. Maybe there's a way to make his life a living hell...

I also noticed his last activity was asking where should he get batteries for two of his lasers, one that uses CR123's and one that uses CR2's, hmmmm.

yea he pm'ed me that, and i told him where i got mine.
the only info I have of him is his address, but I don't even know if it is his address.

IgorT

I guess i misunderstood something...

I'll read the thread more carefully. :angel:

Thing is, i got this PM with a link.... :thinking:

He wanted to trade me but I told him to send first. Then I never heard anything back. Dude call the local police a least.

Things

You can't let this go man, otherwise he's just going to continue doing it. The only problem I see, is that high powered pointers are illegal in the US, so if you got the cops involved, it could end badly for both of you.

A tip: Never, ever, pay for anything over the internet with money order. Money order is like taping your money to the back of a bird and hoping it gets there :p

The only problem I see, is that high powered pointers are illegal in the US, so if you got the cops involved, it could end badly for both of you.

Not true. The law is for importation and commercial production/distribution, not for a hobbyist. Plus its FDA law, so local police would not even know, or care I suspect.

You need to contact the local police in MD and get an official report. Then file a mail fraud claim. You have his name and address, you can cause all kinds of mayhem.

Last edited:
Hey Primary..

What is his eBay User Name....:thinking:

Does his Shipping Address match the Address of the Scammer on
your link with the E-Mail address of...
kickasskoreanguy301@yahoo.com
and is this his E-Mail address that he has already used to communicate with you...:thinking:

Has he answered your PMs or E-Mails since Sept 18/09...:thinking:

Jerry

Last edited:
nope, I don't have his email or ebay account.
His shipping address is the same as the one i found on the site, but he used the name "Logan Kippman" on me.

His last pm to me was on sept 14th asking me what kind of batteries to use for my lasers.

I don't have any means of communicating with him other then pm, which he obviously has stopped checking.

I don't think I will call the police.. since I'm the one who sent the illegal item across the border, and I don't see how such a trade can be enforced by law.

I'm treating this situation as if I gave away my lasers in exchange for a very important lesson.

Now I'm just trying to recoup my losses by saving up (and looking for a better deal for an ipod touch :scowl:)

Tabish

Damn. You gotta be careful these days. Lot more thieves/scammers because of this recession. Last week, someone stole my dad's gps from his van.

Anyone got his address ???

I would call the cops (anonymous tip) and say there's someone at the address with illegal lasers ! :eg:

You guys are paranoid. Local cops don't care about lasers. The FDA, and customs are the only one concerned with lasers. And if you had not notice O-Like, FP, and others are all still in business. Which shows how much they care. Mail fraud is a felony. You were scammed by someone using the US postal system for the scam. You are Canadian, so US laws do not apply to you, so don't fret about sending lasers. Call the MD police and report this asshole.

You are Canadian, so US laws do not apply to you, so don't fret about sending lasers.

US laws may not apply "here", but foreigners can still break American laws. If you knowingly smuggled an illegal device, you have broken American laws. Although the chances of getting charged and extradited are low, there is still a risk. The OP probably doesn't feel like trying his luck...

Is exporting lasers illegal in your country? No.

You cannot be prosecuted in your country for braking the laws in another, unless its a murder or some other high profile case. If that was the case all the drug dealers, gun runners, laser importers, ect would all be arrested and punished for importing illegal things into the US, or anywhere else in the world for that fact. The only person who would get in trouble is the kid that ripped you off, because he lives in the US, and he knowingly participated in the smuggling act. And used the postal system to do it. You have this kid by the balls.