Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New from Italy

Death Ray

Hi i'm Aldo from Italy,
I'm sorry if my english is not good, but i think it's enought that you can still understand the meaning of my sentences.

Anyway, I've been passionate about lasers for 5 years but i never had the possibility to buy something powerfull, because lasers over 5 mw are already proebited in my country, expecially if those lasers are not used for specific jobs and the owner doesn't have a specific licenze. It mean's if you really want to buy you can, but you have to declare the reason why you buy that, for which use, and if you don't have any activity that allows you to use lasers you can not buy. So i started to get a title as electrical engineer as long as my government allows me to buy those kinda of electronic devices, after that i tryied to search online about class IV lasers and i found the famouse "Wicked laser company" which has many type and versions of lasers very powerfull. And another one "Dragon Laser" the famouse Spartan Laser 1,6 W.

But when i was ready for buy the Spider Arctic III i discovered from the webside that the production of this laser had been discontinued, i contact them from whatsapp an facebook, they answered "i'm sorry but actually Arctic III is out of stock and we focus on laser cube now"... Damn!!! It happened the same about the Spartan.. I can not see the spartan anymore on the Dragonlaser site 😭😭😭.
About the Arctic there is only the version less powerfull as I and II (2Watts) still good. But i'm very ambitious, because i was looking for the Arctic version III. I know it sounds a little childish but i really cant digest being late to buy this laser 😔.. But its late now..

For those reasons, i'm starting to learn something about because i would like to try to make a laser by my own, but actually i'm still a beginner on assembly components and i need to learn first so i can avoid to burn everything. So on ebay someone suggest me this forum for start to improve skills and learn. I hope i can do it soon. For now ill start from lasers around 5 mw so i wont throw too much money in case of issues.
My wish is that someday i can make lasers more powerfull than the Arctic but more cheapest and still safe. lets see if i can do it!

You ever looked on ebay ?

It's your duty to know and obey your local laws, that said you can buy parts and complete units on ebay and online including from resources know here.

welcome officially to LPF.

Best luck in your laser building attempts.
There is plenty of low cost, medium power diodes to start with. Definitely smart to start with lower power lasers to get accustom to using lasers safely and not risking $$$ if anything breaks.

Welcome to the forum. Study the posts carefully and you can become a proficient laser builder

Welcome to the LPF, Aldo. My guess is you don't have much experience with building electronics or servicing them. You can buy much of what you'll need on eBay,as has been stated, or maybe you can get DTR to send you what you need, although shipping would likely be expensive. You should try with the least expensive diodes at first until you become more proficient. Good luck.

Corpnoost

Welcome to the forum, I'm new too, but I'm just getting started, so even someone with 5 years experiance is like a grandfather to me! lol

Welcome to LPF many nice folks here , good luck with the hobby
Rich:)